Annual STL Notes, Quotes & Billygoats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual STL Notes, Quotes & Billygoats

It's become an annual rite of passage so here goes this years version.

This year was better than ever due to Sunday actually having a meaning, other than packing & heading back.

Best team - As much as it pains, UNI is a very good team. They are well coached, know their roles and play within their ability. They could very well win a game or two in The Dance.

Worst team - We didn't see SIU or UE (We decided to head to The Hill and partake in top shelf cuisine @ Zia's) so can't comment on Dawgs & Pimps.
    Actually Creighton was really bad the second half against Bradley. Dana really didn't put up much of a fight as he knew it was academic.

Best Coach - We questioned BJ from UNI regarding his substitution patterns, at first. We quickly learned he knew what he was doing.

Worst Coach - Why Coach Phelps didn't stick with the perimeter offense that was working in the first half against UNI is a mystery. They had zero chance going inside against Koch & Ogre.

Best Player - We were really impressed with Dwayne Lathan of InSU. He repeatedly ate O.E. up on dribble drives and pull ups. He is not going to be any fun to deal with for the next couple of years.

Worst player - Durley was nominated for throwing the ball all over the court on Sunday, but we gave it Will Creekmore of MSU. We're still trying to figure out why he was even on the court.

Best Freshman - I know Jake Koch had a great Sunday against WSU, but Jackie Carmichael is a man-beast. He will create nightmares for Valley coaches the next 3 years. He has potential POY ability.

Now the good stuff...

Best Fans - WSU really supported their team this year and the masses that showed up on Sunday was equally impressive. They were loud, proud and decked out the place in yellow.

Special mention to ISU fans.
    They were polite, supportive and classy. I'm sure there are some clowns from B-N, but we haven't ran across any in 12 years. Just really nice people who support their team with class.

Worst Fans - UNI. They were basically a bunch of inbreed billies who acted like they had never left the farm before.
    I know everyone always talks about CU fans, but they weren't around long enough to act stupid. And that's a good thing!

Best Cheerleaders - ISU. They were good and consistent. Nothing spectacular, but then again nothing has been the same since WSU disbanded their aerial assault team a couple of years ago.

Worst Cheerleaders - UNI. What in the hell was up with the bee-hive hair-do's? Don't they have mirrors in Iowa? They looked like they had a Bundt cake growing out of their head.

Best Dance team ISU - again.
    We were told the MSU Sugar Bears would give them a run for their money. To their credit, the Sugars did look good. But when the Red Line Express came out in red teddies, garters and fish net stockings, it was all over. They are the unanimous 12 time champions.

An interesting tidbit was discovered by our crack undercover investigating duo.
    The ISU Dance Team Advisor's regular job?
    She works full time @ Hooters.
    What were the odds!

Worst Dance Team - What the hell was UNI thinking when they came out in sweat pants and shirts? We couldn't tell if they were dancing or getting ready to wash their tractors.

Funniest moment - The "D U I" chant gets a mention, but the moron Fox mascot of InSU almost got the crap beat out of him by a huge ISU fan.
    He looked scared - even through his head gear - and eventually took off running down the tunnel when he finally realized the guy would tear him apart.

That is all! 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Great Job!!!

:good:

Comment

Top notch report! :clap: Thanks!
      "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Re: Annual STL Notes, Quotes & Billygoats

Originally posted by ShockRef

We were told the MSU Sugar Bears would give them a run for their money. To their credit, the Sugars did look good. But when the Red Line Express came out in red teddies, garters and fish net stockings, it was all over. They are the unanimous 12 time champions.

Comment

I'll be in my bunk

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

I love the look of those guys on the other side of the court...CU I belive ....with their bibs on. Also the blue intel guy is there with his hands in his pants....great pic.
            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

It's become an annual rite of passage so here goes this years version.

This year was better than ever due to Sunday actually having a meaning, other than packing & heading back.

Best team - As much as it pains, UNI is a very good team. They are well coached, know their roles and play within their ability. They could very well win a game or two in The Dance.

Worst team - We didn't see SIU or UE (We decided to head to The Hill and partake in top shelf cuisine @ Zia's) so can't comment on Dawgs & Pimps.
              Actually Creighton was really bad the second half against Bradley. Dana really didn't put up much of a fight as he knew it was academic.

Best Coach - We questioned BJ from UNI regarding his substitution patterns, at first. We quickly learned he knew what he was doing.

Worst Coach - Why Coach Phelps didn't stick with the perimeter offense that was working in the first half against UNI is a mystery. They had zero chance going inside against Koch & Ogre.

Best Player - We were really impressed with Dwayne Lathan of InSU. He repeatedly ate O.E. up on dribble drives and pull ups. He is not going to be any fun to deal with for the next couple of years.

Worst player - Durley was nominated for throwing the ball all over the court on Sunday, but we gave it Will Creekmore of MSU. We're still trying to figure out why he was even on the court.

Best Freshman - I know Jake Koch had a great Sunday against WSU, but Jackie Carmichael is a man-beast. He will create nightmares for Valley coaches the next 3 years. He has potential POY ability.

Now the good stuff...

Best Fans - WSU really supported their team this year and the masses that showed up on Sunday was equally impressive. They were loud, proud and decked out the place in yellow.

Special mention to ISU fans.
              They were polite, supportive and classy. I'm sure there are some clowns from B-N, but we haven't ran across any in 12 years. Just really nice people who support their team with class.

Worst Fans - UNI. They were basically a bunch of inbreed billies who acted like they had never left the farm before.
              I know everyone always talks about CU fans, but they weren't around long enough to act stupid. And that's a good thing!

Best Cheerleaders - ISU. They were good and consistent. Nothing spectacular, but then again nothing has been the same since WSU disbanded their aerial assault team a couple of years ago.

Worst Cheerleaders - UNI. What in the hell was up with the bee-hive hair-do's? Don't they have mirrors in Iowa? They looked like they had a Bundt cake growing out of their head.

What were the odds!

Worst Dance Team - What the hell was UNI thinking when they came out in sweat pants and shirts? We couldn't tell if they were dancing or getting ready to wash their tractors.

Funniest moment - The "D U I" chant gets a mention, but the moron Fox mascot of InSU almost got the crap beat out of him by a huge ISU fan.
              He looked scared - even through his head gear - and eventually took off running down the tunnel when he finally realized the guy would tear him apart.

That is all! 8)
              Pretty funny stuff. Lol.

d
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Our party went to Zia's saturday night and had a great time.

Comment

It'sSpecial mention to ISU fans.

What were the odds!
                  Thanks for the props! You are right, there are some clowns in B/N (every fanbase has them) but we do pride ourselves in being classy & respectful toward others. Some may not see it that way (BU & SIU...but thats just part of the rivalry). We know you guys are the same way and that no doubt is a big part of the mutual respect the Redbirds & Shockers have for one another.

Our cheerleaders have always been very good, as well as our dance team. Plenty of eye candy for sure but also they are really fun girls who are great to hangout with. Many of my good friends from ISU either were or are cheerleaders or dancers. They always got a kick out of the crazy, heckling people in the 1st row of the student section every game like me :D As for the dance team coach that works at Hooters, she's a very good friend of mine, great girl. Her family and mine have been friends for many years and we get together during holidays & whatnot. Great people. Her brother is actually the drummer in the pep band and they have another sister in the band as well. Diehard Redbird fans they are---and like most of our fans they always have good things to say about WSU and it's fans.
                  I am a diehard Illinois State Redbird fan first, and an MVC supporter, diplomat, and ambassador of good will second.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                    Thanks for the props! You are right, there are some clowns in B/N (every fanbase has them) but we do pride ourselves in being classy & respectful toward others. Some may not see it that way (BU & SIU...but thats just part of the rivalry). We know you guys are the same way and that no doubt is a big part of the mutual respect the Redbirds & Shockers have for one another.

Our cheerleaders have always been very good, as well as our dance team. Plenty of eye candy for sure but also they are really fun girls who are great to hangout with. Many of my good friends from ISU either were or are cheerleaders or dancers. They always got a kick out of the crazy, heckling people in the 1st row of the student section every game like me :D As for the dance team coach that works at Hooters, she's a very good friend of mine, great girl. Her family and mine have been friends for many years and we get together during holidays & whatnot. Great people. Her brother is actually the drummer in the pep band and they have another sister in the band as well. Diehard Redbird fans they are---and like most of our fans they always have good things to say about WSU and it's fans.

Umm, ok, Phantom hangs with "a very good friend, great girl" who works at Hooters and manages the dance team and "many of my good friends from ISU either were or are cheerleaders or dancers".

Phantom, you're either gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) or my new best friend at Arch Madness. Feel free to go ahead and make plans to have drinks with me, my treat, next year. Lot's of them. Bring your friends too, I'm buying.

Next year's Arch Madness could be the best yet, I'm thinking.

Btw, no derogatory comments on my age, looks or marriage status from the peanut gallery. Anything can happen in 12 months. If CU fans can dream they'll someday matter again, then I can have this.

:wsu_posters: :posterwsu: :goshocks: :posterwu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      Originally posted by Phantom

Umm, ok, Phantom hangs with "a very good friend, great girl" who works at Hooters and manages the dance team and "many of my good friends from ISU either were or are cheerleaders or dancers".

Phantom, you're either gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) or my new best friend at Arch Madness. Feel free to go ahead and make plans to have drinks with me, my treat, next year. Lot's of them. Bring your friends too, I'm buying.

Next year's Arch Madness could be the best yet, I'm thinking.

Btw, no derogatory comments on my age, looks or marriage status from the peanut gallery. Anything can happen in 12 months. If CU fans can dream they'll someday matter again, then I can have this.

:wsu_posters: :posterwsu: :goshocks: :posterwu:
                      Phantom is my new best friend. Back off Doc, you're married :D
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Phantom is my new best friend. Back off Doc, you're married :D
                        1)Nobody is that happily married.

2)I have seniority in St. Louis.

3)Naynaydebooboo I thought about it first.

4)ISU fans owe me for tickets and not slapping sign family upside the head this weekend.

5)I think I deserve this......ok so I don't, sue me. Cheerleaders, dance team, Hooters and WSU basketball....I ain't going down without a fight here.

Comment

Actually, they are.

Just sayin'. 8)

Comment

[

Definately not gay. About as far from it as you can get. I was just fortunate during and after my years at ISU to have a lot of friends who happened to be on our spirit squads. As for drinks at Arch Madness next year---definately! I always enjoy having some coldies with Shocker fans, so you can count on it for sure. Hell I'll even introduce you all to some of the friends I mentioned above. 8)
                            I am a diehard Illinois State Redbird fan first, and an MVC supporter, diplomat, and ambassador of good will second.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Actually, they are.

Just sayin'. 8)
                              Then by deduction I conclude that you are married to a woman who is mute, does not speak English, or is otherwise rendered incapable of talking to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X