Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers
    Did Butler win?
    I guess I didn't get enough basketball while in St. Louis this weekend so I decided to go check out the Butler v. Coffeyville championship game at Koch Arena tonight.

Afterwards, I tuned into the postgame radio show and I believe it was mentioned that the father of Butler's head coach is the Director of Compliance at the University of Nebraska.

Perhaps this connection played a role in his decision.

Oh by the way, Walker had an impressive outing with 26 pts and 9 rebs to lead the Grizzlies to victory.

Comment

How'd Cousin do?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulStar
        Did Butler win?
        I guess I didn't get enough basketball while in St. Louis this weekend so I decided to go check out the Butler v. Coffeyville championship game at Koch Arena tonight.

Afterwards, I tuned into the postgame radio show and I believe it was mentioned that the father of Butler's head coach is the Director of Compliance at the University of Nebraska.

Oh by the way, Walker had an impressive outing with 26 pts and 9 rebs to lead the Grizzlies to victory.
        Butler coach Mike Bargen's dad is Gary Bargen who coached at Hutch CC in the early-mid-80s. After Hutch he became an assistant at Nebraska. His other son Jed was a standout HS player at Buhler (beat Steve Henson's McPherson team in sub-state Henson's senior year) and also played at Nebraska.

On another note, how did Cousin play?

Comment

I didn't catch the final stats for Cousin, but his performance tonight did not stand out. He may have came close to double figures in points but I can't be certain. He made a few buckets from the perimeter, but it did not seem as if he were looking for his shot too often.

He did have one play that demonstrated his quickness when he scooped up a loose ball around half court (that looked like it would easily be recovered by the erstwhile ball-handler) and took it the distance for an easy lay-up.

Here is a link to Butler's website that has a recap, but there is no mention of Cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulStar
            Did Butler win?

from what i have heard, no it did not.

Comment

Butler did wiin.

Comment

Jim Les has his eyes on some of these guys too, as he was in El Dorado for the game against Hutch.

Comment

Working...
                X