On my way home....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home....

....I heard an interesting conversation between Ben Jacobson and Freddie Coleman, from ESPN,both of whom spoke very highly of WSU, AND, that in their opinion, the Shocks deserved to be at large bid. I don't think it will happen, but a nice assessment nonetheless.

Too many 6th place BCS schools will make it.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

What is crap is that they are talking about 9 Big Easts making it and Texas is in losing 10 of last 14.

Comment

What do you expect after all it is the BCS tournament. They don't want to run the risk of another George Mason incident. Thats a lot of money going to the mid-majors. They can't have that.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

We dont really deserve to be in. If we would have taken care of business on the road against drake, evansville, and for that matter creighton and bradley, then there would have been no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
            We dont really deserve to be in. If we would have taken care of business on the road against drake, evansville, and for that matter creighton and bradley, then there would have been no doubt.
            Most years I would agree, but if you look at the field of teams on the bubble this year, there are very few teams that have not had multiple losses that look bad.

I'm not saying that it we would be ripped off for being left out, because we didn't take care of business, but since a lot of other teams didn't take care of business either it is hard to make the case that they deserve it over us.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

How many teams have a loss against a 270+ RPI opponent?

Also, our OOC schedule was painfully bad. We have no room to complain, expect about ourselves.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Also, our OOC schedule was painfully bad. We have no room to complain, expect about ourselves.
                and i dont blame coach on the scheduling.. making that schedule it doesnt appear to be that bad. you dont expect a d2 school for the CBE. You would hope iowa would be better. a loss against a high ranked team would have been better than beating them. cleve st was sweet 16 last year, nd state has been solid of late. thats 4 games that you would have hoped would have been better. then texas tech, our biggest win besides northern iowa, falls off (as expected)

Comment

and i dont blame coach on the scheduling.. making that schedule it doesnt appear to be that bad. you dont expect a d2 school for the CBE. You would hope iowa would be better. a loss against a high ranked team would have been better than beating them. cleve st was sweet 16 last year, nd state has been solid of late. thats 4 games that you would have hoped would have been better. then texas tech, our biggest win besides northern iowa, falls off (as expected)
                  That's fine and all but you ignored the games at the crux of the argument. The 3 game stretch of Alcorn State, Texas Southern, and USC Upstate could have been switched out with some 200 RPI teams and our RPI would have been about 10 points higher and our SOS would have been respectable.

Those games were horrible.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That's fine and all but you ignored the games at the crux of the argument. The 3 game stretch of Alcorn State, Texas Southern, and USC Upstate could have been switched out with some 200 RPI teams and our RPI would have been about 10 points higher and our SOS would have been respectable.

You use the term "could have been switched out with some 200 RPI teams". Just for the sake of argument who would those teams have been and who are your contacts so that if the situation comes up in the future, should HCGM call you or your contacts?

Comment

I am starting to think that really, it may not even matter what our resume says. We are clearly the 2nd best team in the conference. If they decide to award the Valley 2 teams, we will be in. If not, we aren't.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I agree with that. The 9th best conference in the country gets one team in? Total BS. Total BS!

We probably won't get in because of the bias. But neither should a bunch of other teams if they used the same criteria they used to keep us out.

Comment

Hey, I don't blame the coach for the scheduling. He didn't quite know what he had. He had a lot of freshmen last year getting regular playing time, and there's no guarantee on how much they will improve. He knew he was going to have a freshman point guard at least some of the time. There are a lot of unknowns.

Maybe he could have put together slightly tougher "buy" games, but there's no telling how those teams will do in their respective conference. This year coach wanted to put up a lot of wins, get things rolling, get the team used to winning, used to playing in front.

Next year, we'll have a much tougher schedule, and this year has set them up well to handle it.

Coach is building a program, not a single team. This wasn't the end-all year. In retrospect, if GG knew he was going to have a team that was just on the outside of the NCAA at-large bubble, he probably would have scheduled a little tougher. But I figure he wanted to get his team ready for conference play, make a run at that, and if everything was clicking at the end of the year, go for the tourney title, which we did.

Next year, this point will be moot. We have to win the home games, find a way to win 1 or 2 in Maui, and give the MWC opponent and LSU our best shot (we need to win one of those, and maybe both if the MWC game is at home).
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

every team plays teams like that on the schedule.. not many teams play a tough game every non conference game. I think its all a mute point if we win the 3 games we should have on the road in conference. 28 and 6 and i dont think anyone could keep us out.

Comment

LSU is a good name and all, but I expect them to be no better than Iowa is this year. So it's not gonna help us much. Although, their RPI will still be DECENT just because they play in the SEC.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X