Anyone watching UMKC-KU tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching UMKC-KU tonight?

Kangaroos look to be a hard-nosed bunch.....KU was up 43-30 at the half, but UMKC was mixing it up pretty well with them.

Don't know if its a night for extra motivation, but UMKC really was getting after it on half-court defense, despite trailing.

Early in the 2nd half, it's 46-32.

UMKC is really getting after it. They are outmanned to say the least but they are making KU earn what they get. Their new coach has them playing hard.48-34 16:31.

Comment

Where is the game telecast?

If it's ESPNU, the one TV that has that is under my wife's control at the moment.

Found it - Channel 5 on Cox out of Wixhita.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

59-46....KU is not pulling away tonight. Three different KU players have hit the deck hard. Jackson got somersaulted by a UMKC player on KU's defensive end. Kaun got an arm almost pulled out of its socket. Sherron Collins went down hard.......

KU is working a little bit harder than they expected to......to say the least.

62-48 at the midway point of the second half.

Comment

UMKC is looking better than they have the last several years.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

They can shoot pretty good, I'll give them that.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

85-62 final. Garbage at the end and bench-clearing by both coaches, KU depth helped them pull away.

UMKC looks very much like recent versions of Depaul. I mean the version that played the first half against Creighton on Friday night.

I listened a little bit to KU radio coverage, they mentioned UMKC playing other schools, including "Wichita State and Northern Iowa."

Comment

The Roos played us tough. They made a lot of difficult shots, especially early in the game (58% FG in 1st half), and they were really amped up for the game. Their freshman Hamilton is a player. It was probably more interesting than what the fans would have liked, but it was still a 23-point win with Brandon Rush chilling on the bench. UMKC has a good one in Matt Brown, that's for sure.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I sat there thinking UMKC could give WSU trouble. They will live and die by the outside shot, however. Hartsock is a decent post player, but not good enough inside to make up for a mediocre shooting night.

I agree, Hamilton is pretty good PG. Speed, handles and a good shot.

Comment

Working...
                  X