Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom
    Hey Shox fans...

Well, here we are at Arch Madness time. And checkout that bracket---we're on the same side of it :shock: I know you're not looking past MSU/UE and we sure aren't looking past the Sycs but the potential does exist for our teams to meetup in the semi's on Saturday. Truthfully, I was kinda hoping to avoid that scenario (seems ISU/WSU fans always joke about the "what if we play in STL" scenario) but if it happens, it happens. I'm sure it will be a heckuva game.

Until then (if/when that time comes), best of luck to you guys. I kinda do/kinda don't hope we meetup in the 2nd round if you catch my drift :D
    Yeah not thrilled Illinois St is on our side of the bracket either. If there is any team that is hot right now that can match up athletically it's you guys. Good luck as well.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Speaking of Ill St., i check their board out this morning, and most of them seemed to think we are gonna get knocked out by MSU, and that we have no chance against them. Do any of them know, we swept MSU.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
        Speaking of Ill St., i check their board out this morning, and most of them seemed to think we are gonna get knocked out by MSU, and that we have no chance against them. Do any of them know, we swept MSU.
        Most will probably feel that way as our road woe's have been talked about greatly. I don't think Missouri St was that good of a road team either though. Plus this is a neutral site, but most fans seem to think we don't have a chance against anyone away from Koch Arena. I can understand that feeling to a degree, but WSU wasn't the only team to struggle away from home this year.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
          Originally posted by newshock1234
          Most will probably feel that way as our road woe's have been talked about greatly. I don't think Missouri St was that good of a road team either though. Plus this is a neutral site, but most fans seem to think we don't have a chance against anyone away from Koch Arena. I can understand that feeling to a degree, but WSU wasn't the only team to struggle away from home this year.
          Any of our fans who think you guys can't get past Friday must not have seen you guys play this year. Now it's true that anyone can beat anyone so who knows what's gonna happen in STL but believe me, the vast majority of Redbird fans know what you guys are capable of. Both of our teams face tough 1st round games and if we get through them then that sets up what could be an epic Redbird/Shocker semifinal.
          I am a diehard Illinois State Redbird fan first, and an MVC supporter, diplomat, and ambassador of good will second.

Comment

Working...
          X