16 and 48 = a new 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and 48 = a new 64

So watching Ill State and No Iowa whoever the color guy made this suggestion that I hadn't heard...

Top 16 RPI conferences get an automatic bid like they do now.
    Then you have 48 at large spots open.

Oh yea, the Power 6 conference teams have to play non power twice, on the road to even RPI out.

So that is the part that would cause that plan to never happen

Thoughts? Well, that is asking too much for some of you. How about some of you just randomly mash your sausage fingers against the keyboard and see what comes out.

Comment

How about if we do expand the tournament sixteen conference tournament champs from the bottom sixteen RPI conferences play in eight play in games for the eight 15 and 16 seeds? Would make an 80 team field if I'm adding right, with 48 at-large bids. Of course the BCS conferences would probably still find a way to b and moan their way and get the majority of the additional bids.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I like it ..but they will still find some way to screw us out of our spots in the field..

they dont want a fair and level playing field.... and I dont see the ncaa forcing it on them....even if it dumps some of the auto qualifiers out that shouldnt be in ....they will want their share of those extra spots
        1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

I think it was during the UNI/IllSt game that one of the announcers mentioned this: don't provide the team names to the selection committee. Just list each team by a number with their stats like record, RPI, etc. The point is to "remove the brand bias." I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUGrad1995
            I think it was during the UNI/IllSt game that one of the announcers mentioned this: don't provide the team names to the selection committee. Just list each team by a number with their stats like record, RPI, etc. The point is to "remove the brand bias." I like it.
            I like it a lot :good:
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I think that's a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                I like it a lot :good:
                Something tells me that would make the BCS conferences even LESS likely to play non-BCS teams., especially when the selection committe is blind to the names involved....

Any chance that their RPI would be affected by playing a lower level team would make them less likely to schedule. The effect could be a defacto split of Division 1 into BCS and non-BCS conferences....

I like the 16/48 scheme better where the BCS conferences are required to play at least two games on the road. The argument is more likely to be settled on the court, where it should be settled...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The same commentators also said we were watching the top 2 teams in the valley LOL

Comment

I heard that and liked it. 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock
                      The same commentators also said we were watching the top 2 teams in the valley LOL
                      Wasn't Ill State tied for second at the time?

I was put off at first but I figured he was technically correct, at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood

It was technically correct until we beat SIU BEFORE the UNI-Illinois St. game started.

By the time the announcers were saying this, we were a half a game ahead of Illinois St. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3
                          Originally posted by Rosewood

It was technically correct until we beat SIU BEFORE the UNI-Illinois St. game started.

By the time the announcers were saying this, we were a half a game ahead of Illinois St. :wsu_posters:
                          Well then let's hang that guy by his gonads!

Comment

Working...
                          X