SIU moms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU moms

Chant the name of each player's mom while they are shooting free throws!

Justin Bocot #23 - Heidi
    Anthony Booker #22 - Latisha
    Kendal Brown-Surles #2 - Michelle
    Jack Crowder #15 - Aletha
    Carlton Fay #45 - Amy
    John Freeman #34 - Phyllis
    Tony Freeman #11 - Stacy
    Caleb Long #14 - Tami
    Nate Mitchell #12 - Loutina
    Aaron Moise #34 - Wanda
    Jordan Myers #40 - Michele
    Diamond Taylor #25 - Adrienne
    Gene Teague #21 - Tameka

I left Kevin Dillard out. His mom died when he was 18 months old.

bad idea

Comment

A for effort, but bad idea.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Not a great idea. But you are thinking out of the box! :good:
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
          bad idea
          I agree.

Comment

For every person that thinks it's a bad idea, please list a quality idea as its replacement. :good:
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
              For every person that thinks it's a bad idea, please list a quality idea as its replacement. :good:
              I think this is a great idea. I suck at it though. So I will let more creative people do it LOL.

The "mom" thing is original. I'm just not sure many would get it. Heck I don't even know if the players would even get it.

Keep it coming though!
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Thats like me telling you eating a poo pie is a bad idea and you demand I replace it with a steak...........come on man!

It's not bad but I'm sure it will be viewed as classless by some other school. Although you guys tell the players after making free throws that they suck ballz so I guess it is a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                  I think this is a great idea. I suck at it though. So I will let more creative people do it LOL.

The "mom" thing is original. I'm just not sure many would get it. Heck I don't even know if the players would even get it.

Keep it coming though!
                  I would've called HCGM, as that was a great idea by somebody on here. However, I suck at it, so I was letting more creative people do it.

:D

Comment

I think this is a step in the right direction.

Now there need to be about a dozen students willing to meet before the game and coordinate efforts. Probably by distributing flyers and staying distributed in the first 10 rows of the student section to keep things rolling.

If everybody in the first 10 rows is chanting something, everyone above them will follow suit.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I've always liked totally off-the-wall stuff with absolutely no meaning. That's actually more likely to affect an opponent than something they recognize.

Foods are always a good start.

Chant "Jelly Roll" when someone's going to shoot a free throw. They will hear it because it's so out of place. Or maybe attach a food to each player for the entire game. "Hot Dog" is always good for a showboater.

Or do it Homer Simpson style, "Mmmm, Bacon"
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        Originally posted by shockerfan

Keep it coming though!
                        I would've called HCGM, as that was a great idea by somebody on here. However, I suck at it, so I was letting more creative people do it.

:D
                        LOL good one...I admit

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                          I've always liked totally off-the-wall stuff with absolutely no meaning. That's actually more likely to affect an opponent than something they recognize.

Foods are always a good start.

Chant "Jelly Roll" when someone's going to shoot a free throw. They will hear it because it's so out of place. Or maybe attach a food to each player for the entire game. "Hot Dog" is always good for a showboater.

Or do it Homer Simpson style, "Mmmm, Bacon"
                          LOL off the wall stuff is pretty funny. Players will be like "wtf?"! :yahoo:

Comment

We have several young men down there whose physiques suggest they could be the next "Wild Bill".

On second thought, this is a terrible idea, please do not volunteer.

Comment

I will say that I always thought the student section should do something different for each free throw. Or at least have 3-4 different things to do during them and rotate. The whole thing with free throws is to try and distract the person shooting them. If you do the same thing or just make noise at a constant level it is USUALLY not to hard for the player to overcome. But if you do something they aren't expecting right when they are starting their free throw I would think it would possibly be more effective.

I've always thought it would be funny if everyone was relatively quiet in the student section and standing perfectly still and then when the player begins to bring the ball up to shoot it the student section go nuts and just jump all over the place. At least something to that effect. But like I said, you would have to change it up a decent amount so they wouldn't know what to expect.

Comment

Working...
                              X