Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ISASO
    To all those over-reacting - JUST STOP!

Damn! We knew going in it would be extremely tough to win at their place. Combine that with our 8-minute drought, the we-hit-the-wall, we-got-no-confidence mental state right now and it's pretty amazing we only lost by 10.

I like to complain and coach from the back-bench as much as anyone, but just chill. Move on to Bradley.
    OK,...will we win at Bradley if our legs are shot, and find another 7-8 minutes where we can't score or run into a loud environment?

Comment

We could lose that one too. You can't let one game give you two losses because you're dwelling on it so negatively.

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
        Originally posted by ISASO
        To all those over-reacting - JUST STOP!

Damn! We knew going in it would be extremely tough to win at their place. Combine that with our 8-minute drought, the we-hit-the-wall, we-got-no-confidence mental state right now and it's pretty amazing we only lost by 10.

I like to complain and coach from the back-bench as much as anyone, but just chill. Move on to Bradley.
        OK,...will we win at Bradley if our legs are shot, and find another 7-8 minutes where we can't score or run into a loud environment?
        No. Name more than a handful of teams that are capable of winning under those perameters. :roll:

Comment

The one thing that stood out to me, was that HCGM did not substitute freely enough. I don't care how well conditioned an athlete is, when you go from 1,300 feet elevation to over 5,000, you're going to get gassed pretty quick. I don't know how much difference it would have made, because even when they were fresh, their players were playing with more effort, but you just can't leave players in as long as you would normally and expect them to not get gassed.

Comment

IIRC, HCGM mentioned in his pre-game interview with MK that one thing the Shocks could not afford was a prolonged scoring drought. Obviously, it was something he was concerned about and, as it turned out, rightly so.

That 15-2 run by USU that broke an 11-11 game open between the 13:13 and 3:26 mark of the 1st half was a killer.

After that each time the Shocks would make a mini-run USU always seemed to have an answer.

Comment

We should have just treated this game like a throw away game as several have suggested we treat the bradley game. If all of the bench coaches here were in charge then I think this is the route they would have taken. Face it with the atmosphere in the arena and the lack of atmosphere to breathe, the fatigue of the players of having to travel on top of having to play a game we would have been better off leaving the starters at home resting them and then being able to compete against the remainder of our season. Maybe it would have been a good thing if the coaching staff had stayed in Wichita as well because it seems obvious to me from all of the opinions being thrown around in several topics that the coaching staff just isn't up to snuff to be able to manage a game, determine the starting lineups or the substitution patterns. Basicly this game was screwed before they even boarded the plane to leave. Come to think of it lets just not play anymore games this year and call it good since it looks like several on here have no confidence in the team or the staff. :cry:

Comment

Home teams rely on 15+ point runs... Wichita State has had a few of them. It's a simple game; shots either go in or they don't. My biggest complaint with the team (maybe with the coach) is the choice of shot in a key moment. If it's a good shot and it doesn't fall, that's life. But often, it seems, that the Shockers either rush shots in key moments or don't even get the shot due to a turnover. We are in serious need of a 'go-to' guy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel
                  Home teams rely on 15+ point runs... Wichita State has had a few of them. It's a simple game; shots either go in or they don't. My biggest complaint with the team (maybe with the coach) is the choice of shot in a key moment. If it's a good shot and it doesn't fall, that's life. But often, it seems, that the Shockers either rush shots in key moments or don't even get the shot due to a turnover. We are in serious need of a 'go-to' guy right now.
                  Can I have an amen to that?

Comment

Working...
                  X