Good game Shockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good game Shockers

Good game Shockers. Looked like a decent little contigent of Shocker fans made the trip and sat behind your bench. I hope they all enjoyed Utah and Logan specifically. It was cold this weekend but beautiful outside.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll probably keep up with the rest of your games. I watched UNI last night too. If your guys can manage to recapture what was working early on in the season I think you can win arch madness.

I hope you do.

Thanks SBD...good luck to you guys as well..no reason at all you cant win a couple of tourney games...no reason at all. Ill be hard pressed not to do so on my bracket sheet thats for sure
    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

re:

The game went pretty much as I expected. Thought we played "okay" except for that 8 minute funk in the first half.

I agree with the announcers though. If the game is in Wichita, I think the Shox win. No answer for Wesley. That guy is strong and has great hands. He seemed to latch on to every loose ball.

Comment

Good game Aggies, all the best going forward! We'll getcha next season.

Go Aggies!

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Yeah SBD it was a pleasure having you visit our board. Hopefully a strong friendly rivalry will continue.

Comment

It would be nice if we could have a home and home with these folks down the road, but I thought the same thing about George Mason.

Comment

Agree with the home-and-home. We need teams like GM and USU. These can turn out to be a really good rivalry.

Comment

Re: Good game Shockers

Originally posted by SuperiorBlueDiver
                Good game Shockers. Looked like a decent little contigent of Shocker fans made the trip and sat behind your bench. I hope they all enjoyed Utah and Logan specifically. It was cold this weekend but beautiful outside.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll probably keep up with the rest of your games. I watched UNI last night too. If your guys can manage to recapture what was working early on in the season I think you can win arch madness.

I hope you do.
                Thanks for being so polite on our board. But seriously, don't blow smoke up our butts. I know you get a kick out of seeing your guys whoop ass. I don't blame you. Good luck to your guys the rest of the way.

Comment

Re: Good game Shockers

Originally posted by KC Shox

I hope you do.
                  Thanks for being so polite on our board. But seriously, don't blow smoke up my butt. I know you get a kick out of seeing your guys whoop ass. I don't blame you. Good luck to your guys the rest of the way.
                  There. Corrected. Please don't speak for me.

Comment

Not blowing smoke. I'm fully aware that your guys are in bit of a slump. idk what it is. I hope there's no internal chemistry problems that have been undisclosed and hurting the team.

I don't see any signs of that. But I did see you guys play earlier in the year. I watched you beat UNI. That's not the same team out there. I think it's confidence. Confidence can be a fragile thing for young players.

Comment

SBD and all USU fans, you all have been great and the majority of Shocker Netters enjoyed having you on this board. Good luck the rest of the season, you all have a very good team and a great atmoshere.

Maybe we meet up again in the sweet sixteen (tongue in cheek), it's happen before!

Comment

Not blowing smoke. I'm fully aware that your guys are in bit of a slump. idk what it is. I hope there's no internal chemistry problems that have been undisclosed and hurting the team.

I don't see any signs of that. But I did see you guys play earlier in the year. I watched you beat UNI. That's not the same team out there. I think it's confidence. Confidence can be a fragile thing for young players.
                        Yeah I think it's confidence as well. It could also be fatigue as most of these guys haven't been in this kind of pressure cooker and winning position before. Before the season I think most of this board felt that NEXT year would be the breakout year as we'll be loaded with Juniors and Seniors. Some of us (myself included) got a little caught up by the inflated record a couple months ago and believed that this year might actually be the year. Oh the joys of a college basketball season when your team is actually starting to become relevant again.

Again, good luck the rest of the way out. Be sure to win out and then do well in the tourney so this looks like an even more acceptable loss. ;)
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan

Yeah I think it's confidence as well. It could also be fatigue as most of these guys haven't been in this kind of pressure cooker and winning position before. Before the season I think most of this board felt that NEXT year would be the breakout year as we'll be loaded with Juniors and Seniors. Some of us (myself included) got a little caught up by the inflated record a couple months ago and believed that this year might actually be the year. Oh the joys of a college basketball season when your team is actually starting to become relevant again.

Again, good luck the rest of the way out. Be sure to win out and then do well in the tourney so this looks like an even more acceptable loss. ;)
                          I think this sums things up very well. After the start we got off to, we were in the race for a conference title, and that pressure has gotten to a young team that hasn't had to face that before.

The same thing happened to UNI last year, the only difference was that there wasn't another team in the conference playing very well, so even though they slipped up in February last year, they had enough of a cushion to hold onto a share of 1st place.

You would always like to go straight to winning championships, but the reality is that there is a learning curve about how to play with the pressure of being a contender. The good news is that we are having that learning year this year when we only have 1 senior, but we saw that even having that learning experience with a senior laden team (like the Burns, Howard, Kampman one) can pay huge dividends the next year.

If you compare this year's team to the 2004-2005 team that lost 6 of 8 games to end the season (before the NIT), you would say that we lose a lot less than we did that year and have more reason to be optimistic about next year than we would have going into the 2005-2006 season, and we all know what happened that year.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

No offense and congrats on the win, but please take your win and go back to your board. We have appreciated the banter, time to move on.

BTW, Wesley is a dirty punk of a player and deserved to have an elbow shoved down his throat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity

No offense and congrats on the win, but please take your win and go back to your board. We have appreciated the banter, time to move on.

BTW, Wesley is a dirty punk of a player and deserved to have an elbow shoved down his throat.

So are you telling me that I can't become a Shocker fan too? I'm a big time college basketball fan. I follow and cheer for many teams. Or is being a Shocker fan an exclusive club that I'm not welcome in.

btw Wesley is physical on the court. He refuses to get pushed around by anybody. I know him personally off the court and he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X