Recruits read message boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruits read message boards

I know that it's been stated on this forum before, but let this serve as a gentle reminder that recruits actually do read message boards.

NC State recruit has Sidney Lowe's back

2010 NC State Recruit Ryan Harrow:
    Myself and Lorenzo are on NC State's blogs and forums everyday and we look to see all the support you give us, but now a days we see so much negative and it has become really discomforting to my godbrother and I. The things that are said about the fans giving up and not wanting to show the support like I know ya'll can. I was at the Duke game. Our fans can get crazy lol. Those statements matter to me. I came to the school at first solely for Coach Lowe but when I come to see games and people are greeting me, saying " thank you so much for joining us", it made me realize I love the atmosphere to. These fans can get better. I hate going on the forums reading those things.

Also Lorenzo and I see the statements about coach Lowe and it really makes me think, " what am I getting myself into". Coach Lowe works hard and is very passionate about the game. He just needs people and players around him like Lorenzo, Luke, C.J., and me to transpire that fire onto the court. Every bad game we cannot criticize coach Lowe. It comes down to the players performing on the court. I know Coach Lowe is going to help my game and make me the best point guard I can be. But it will come in time.

a sobering thought if there ever was one....for some of our posters anyway
    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Gentlemen, you are about to enter the first phase of your life where you won't come home after every game and be greeted by the unconditional love and esteem-building comments from mommy and daddy and the hangers-on.

If you can find a school where every fan is complimentary of the players and coaches after every game, regardless of the result or the level of success of the season, then perhaps you should go there. And let us know how much the plane tickets are to this utopia.

It is a sign of maturity that the recruit can state his feelings respectfully and recognize how things work within a college basketball program. But if that letter was ultimately meant to tell fans they should not criticize, he still has a ways to go to understand the dynamics outside the friendly confines.

Comment

Message boards are much like baseball.

Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!
        Doris Murphy: Why don't you give her a break, Jimmy...
        Jimmy Dugan: Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?
        Evelyn Gardner: No, no, no.
        Jimmy Dugan: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?
        Evelyn Gardner: No...
        Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!

Comment

News Flash for College kids ... REAL LIFE sometimes SUCKS,,, unlike your liberal everybody gets to play and there's no score kept world.
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee
            Message boards are much like baseball.

Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!
            Doris Murphy: Why don't you give her a break, Jimmy...
            Jimmy Dugan: Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?
            Evelyn Gardner: No, no, no.
            Jimmy Dugan: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?
            Evelyn Gardner: No...
            Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
              News Flash for College kids ... REAL LIFE sometimes SUCKS,,, unlike your liberal everybody gets to play and there's no score kept world.
              Although, in the real world, they don't take off points for lousy punctuation.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Recruits: If you can't take criticism, find another school. Wichita State fans expect excellence, a level which is difficult to sustain. When you get lazy, expect to hear it from this community. We can't promise unconditional love, but we can promise to push you to be your best. If you come here and work hard and leave it all on the court, you will be rewarded with cheers and support unlike anything you have or ever will experience in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE
                  Recruits: If you can't take criticism, find another school. Wichita State fans expect excellence, a level which is difficult to sustain. When you get lazy, expect to hear it from this community. We can't promise unconditional love, but we can promise to push you to be your best. If you come here and work hard and leave it all on the court, you will be rewarded with cheers and support unlike anything you have or ever will experience in your life.
                  :good: :good: Just ask Coooooo-sinard!

Comment

Young gentlemen: You do get a lot of unconditional love on this site. It took a debacle (that means horrible game where the outcome did not match the prediction) of Evansville before most on this board got real with some of the Shockers on this years team. But if you look at how this board treats Hatch, Murry, Hannah and Blair, you know we reward hard work and great play.
                    "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
                    Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Because message boards are where truth should be sought.... :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X