How many more times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many more times...

...am I going to see a quote like this from one of our players??

“We were passive,” junior center J.T. Durley said. “We didn’t work hard enough on offense, knowing how Evansville plays defense. They’re real aggressive and real tough.”

:banghead:

Passive might be one way of describing it. There's probably better words than that though.

Comment

Does one have to be physically present to be considered "passive" or can one simply mail in a "passive" performance?
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I mentioned this before, but if you don't go into a game like a shark with blood in the water, you're toast.

How Durley couldn't get aggressive against Von Tongeron & Haarsma is beyond me.
        It should have been a career night for him against those two.

Instead, he decides to wander around the perimeter all night, jack up off-balance 3's & top the evening off by fouling with .2 seconds left under his own basket.

Yea, that's a career night alright. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
          I mentioned this before, but if you don't go into a game like a shark with blood in the water, you're toast.

How Durley couldn't get aggressive against Von Tongeron & Haarsma is beyond me.
          It should have been a career night for him against those two.

Instead, he decides to wander around the perimeter all night, jack up off-balance 3's & top the evening off by fouling with .2 seconds left under his own basket.

Yea, that's a career night alright. 8)
          Wandering around the perimeter for 30+ seconds and jacking up a desperate 3 is our default offense and a ver good reason for the losing ways. There seems to be a mental block about shooting over the zone. It appears that 9 guys standing next to the lane while a lone shooter stands at the line also constitutes zone defense.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

Durley

The paper today said Durley played wiht a sore hamstring

Comment

Re: Durley

Originally posted by xazshox
              The paper today said Durley played wiht a sore hamstring
              I knew about it and that is a lame excuse.

They are 30 games into a 4+month season. Everybody has aches and pains and you suck it up and play.

I don't care if you are hurting, Von Tongeron & Haarsma shutting you down in the paint?

C'mon, we aren't talking about going against Malone & Bird.

Besides, if you ARE hurt that bad, what the hell are you doing playing so much?

It's the stretch run to The Dance. Excuses are weak, weak and more weak. 8)

Comment

Adding to it, Hatch is literally beat to pieces. That happens when you play your heart out each possession.

You don't hear him making excuses about aches and pains.
                He just keeps playing - and playing hard! 8)

Comment

Hatch

Hatch made an amazing play near the end of the game where he nearly went out of bounds & saved it by flipping the ball down the court to a team mate.

Comment

Hatch is the one and only guy I can count on playing with tons of effort every night. How the others fail to feed off of his hustle is beyond me.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Starting line up for Sunday:

Hatch
                      Hannah
                      Murry
                      Stutz
                      Blair

Things need to change!

It certainly appears that Williams has ascended into Kyles minutes. Probably a good thing as Kyles appears headed out the door with terminal attitude.
                      "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
                      Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Originally posted by Fredster
                        Starting line up for Sunday:

Hatch
                        Hannah
                        Murry
                        Stutz
                        Blair

Things need to change!

It certainly appears that Williams has ascended into Kyles minutes. Probably a good thing as Kyles appears headed out the door with terminal attitude.
                        I think KJ needs to see some time as well. If for nothing else, his D, passing, and hopefully, penetration.

Comment

I have no idea how effective KJ would be at this point...I have to assume he is getting 0 playing time for a reason. DK seems a head case...to bad. But at this point, when I am so disapointed in such a lazy performance when so much was on the line, I tend to over analyze. Why does Murry also seem "out of it" at times? This team can be very passive. We,ve seen the wheels fall of in previous years time after time...just didn't see it coming with this team.

Comment

This team lacks a killer instinct. We need some fresh blood.
                            Hopefully EO will bring some intensity on defense next year.
                            I do think Stutz will be much improved as well.
                            Murry needs to become a leader and more agressive. Right now, he's far from an All-Valley player.
                            We need a good point guard to take over for Hannah and I don't think DW or KM are the answers - one of them should redshirt.
                            We need Ellis to practice his shooting. Other teams play us 5 on 4 when he's in the game and it really hurts our offense.
                            Not sure what the deal is with Kyles. He plays like he doesn't care anymore. If he comes back next year I hope he has a new attitude. He can help us a lot or he can be a guy taking up a valuable scholarship.
                            We need better shot makers on this team. Clevin can't do it alone and he's gone after this year. I'm concerned we're really going to struggle to score next year unless some of these things are addressed.
                            Sorry for the ramblings......

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                              This team lacks a killer instinct. We need some fresh blood.
                              Hopefully EO will bring some intensity on defense next year.
                              I do think Stutz will be much improved as well.
                              Murry needs to become a leader and more agressive. Right now, he's far from an All-Valley player.
                              We need a good point guard to take over for Hannah and I don't think DW or KM are the answers - one of them should redshirt.
                              We need Ellis to practice his shooting. Other teams play us 5 on 4 when he's in the game and it really hurts our offense.
                              Not sure what the deal is with Kyles. He plays like he doesn't care anymore. If he comes back next year I hope he has a new attitude. He can help us a lot or he can be a guy taking up a valuable scholarship.
                              We need better shot makers on this team. Clevin can't do it alone and he's gone after this year. I'm concerned we're really going to struggle to score next year unless some of these things are addressed.
                              Sorry for the ramblings......
                              You're not rambling, just pointing out valid observations. My two cents, this team thinks they are KU or something. They think they are good enough to take nights off against sub-par teams and win but reality check fellas, you're not.

Like it's been said, on the road, you need to act like sharks that smell blood in the water getting ready for a feeding frenzy. I'm sick to death reading Eagle articles having quotes from the guys who say they respect and understand how hard the other team works and they are ready for it only to show up and look like a girls high school basketball JV squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X