Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther Fan here....

Hello Shocker fans...

1.) Great game on our hands tonight people! I'm glad it's been picked up on more TV stations. A buddy told me you can see it on Metro Sports in KC, for those fans in the KC Metro. I really think we'll come out strong in the first half, much different from last game. I think you'll see a standing room only crowd. I expect this game to be within 5 with 5 minutes remaining. Hannah and Eglseder with huge games. I'm really not confident that Moran will play tonight...

Good luck to you. I really want 2+ teams in the tourney.

McLeod Center can hold about 8,000 (you'll see it listed at about 7,020) but in reality with the suites up top (can't see on TV) and standing room (the whole concourse all the way around can see the game) you can get closer to 9,000 in it. You'll never see this mentioned because of fire codes.

2.) Brett LeMaster (Wichita Collegiate HS)
    Any of you guys know anything about this kid? I see we signed him today. I was told KU and KState had some sort of scholarship on the table for him. Just curious...

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

A member of the Wichita Eagle and Capital Journal's Top-22 team ...

Name doesn't ring a bell
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Panther Fan here....

Originally posted by PantherBacker
      Hello Shocker fans...

1.) Great game on our hands tonight people! I'm glad it's been picked up on more TV stations. A buddy told me you can see it on Metro Sports in KC, for those fans in the KC Metro. I really think we'll come out strong in the first half, much different from last game. I think you'll see a standing room only crowd. I expect this game to be within 5 with 5 minutes remaining. Hannah and Eglseder with huge games. I'm really not confident that Moran will play tonight...

Good luck to you. I really want 2+ teams in the tourney.

McLeod Center can hold about 8,000 (you'll see it listed at about 7,020) but in reality with the suites up top (can't see on TV) and standing room (the whole concourse all the way around can see the game) you can get closer to 9,000 in it. You'll never see this mentioned because of fire codes.

2.) Brett LeMaster (Wichita Collegiate HS)
      Any of you guys know anything about this kid? I see we signed him today. I was told KU and KState had some sort of scholarship on the table for him. Just curious...

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

A member of the Wichita Eagle and Capital Journal's Top-22 team ...
      He is a 6'5" receiver from Wichita Collegiate a private school. A very good athlete with good speed, excellent length and good hands. This is a good sign for UNI football. Honestly I thought he'd end up D1

Comment

I've seen him play basketball, but not football. He seemed like a really well-built athlete.

Comment

Thanks for being respectful on our board.

Sorry there's a d-bag that came to yours.

I'll be really interested to see how full your arena is tonight.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thanks guys, UNI gets a good amount of kids from the KC area (Carlos Anderson is one -- had a scholarship offer to KU but he wanted to stay at RB, so he chose us) but I don't think we've had many guys from the Wichita area.

Shocker22 -- maybe you meant DI FBS (Formerly Division I-A) but UNI is DI. DI FCS (formerly Division I-AA).

Good luck tonight. I always enjoy coming to Wichita every other year or so for the game. Great atmosphere you guys have. I'll never forget a group of chicks that gave us the Shocker sign as we left a bar to go to the game a few years ago. Epic moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

No doubt...I root for you guys when we aren't playing. Same here....it better be packed to the top. Only thing that worries me a bit is some of the coporate seats right near the court. They give out big $$ but then don't always give the tickets away if they can't come....need to fix that and boot them out of their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

maybe they will give you a role call....Here...Here....Here..... huh wheres mary smith....Here.....Present.....Hes in the bathroom....Here
                1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Thanks guys, UNI gets a good amount of kids from the KC area (Carlos Anderson is one -- had a scholarship offer to KU but he wanted to stay at RB, so he chose us) but I don't think we've had many guys from the Wichita area.

Shocker22 -- maybe you meant DI FBS (Formerly Division I-A) but UNI is DI. DI FCS (formerly Division I-AA).

Good luck tonight. I always enjoy coming to Wichita every other year or so for the game. Great atmosphere you guys have. I'll never forget a group of chicks that gave us the Shocker sign as we left a bar to go to the game a few years ago. Epic moment.
                  I know the FCS pretty well...My cousin played at Montana State... You might have seen him...Pretty decent player now

montana grizzlies Kroy Biermann Buck Buchanan award candidate highlights from the first eight games of the 2007 season.C montanagrizzlies.com

I know its not typically referred to as D1... I just refer to it as the FCS division..because the have a damn playoff like they should....Good football though

good luck tonight and sorry for the Troll
                  1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Amazing how many sports fans can't figure out the NCAA classification system, isn't it? I've explained what you've said above so many times, along with similar clarifications, that I don't even bother anymore. :roll:

Good luck with the game PB. I'd expect a UNI win, but I'm holding out a decent hope for our Shocks.

Comment

I'll never forget a group of chicks that gave us the Shocker sign as we left a bar to go to the game a few years ago. Epic moment.
                      Did you end up going to the game? :innocent:
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
                        Amazing how many sports fans can't figure out the NCAA classification system, isn't it? I've explained what you've said above so many times, along with similar clarifications, that I don't even bother anymore. :roll:

Good luck with the game PB. I'd expect a UNI win, but I'm holding out a decent hope for our Shocks.
                        Ditto. Did you know that's one of the key reasons they made the name change? The problem was teams that play DI FCS Football (UNI, Villanova, Illinois State, etc) were thought to be (by some) FCS or "I-AA" schools for ALL Sports like basketball.

It was throw at recruits, etc like "why would you want to play basketball for Missouri State, they are a I-AA school." When I-AA had NOTHING to do with any other sport besides football. Ever.

It's a good change. And I love playoff football.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                          I'll never forget a group of chicks that gave us the Shocker sign as we left a bar to go to the game a few years ago. Epic moment.
                          Did you end up going to the game? :innocent:
                          You bet....but never ran into them again.

Comment

This game is for the Valley championship. It is a winner take all game.

Here's to a great game, with any luck.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

PS For reasons beyond my control (unfortunate reasons) I am out for the game tonight. Anyone that has my email, mobile, etc please do not provide me with any updates or texts such as

"WHAT THE HELL WAS GREGG THINKING THERE????

or

"THE REFS ALWAYS SCREW US THERE!!!!!!

or

"NOT ANOTHER 1.9 MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

or even

"VALLEY CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will watch in real time when I return late this evening. Thank you for your cooperation, that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

"WHAT THE HELL WAS GREGG THINKING THERE????

or

"THE REFS ALWAYS SCREW US THERE!!!!!!

or

"NOT ANOTHER 1.9 MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

or even

"VALLEY CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will watch in real time when I return late this evening. Thank you for your cooperation, that is all.
                              I absolutely hate it when people do this **** to me
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X