How to Calculate Possessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Calculate Possessions

Once upon a time, long, long ago, Coach Turgeon said there were several ways to calculate possession.

Recently, I had need of the information. So, I thought about the formula, which would be required. I became entangled in my thoughts, so I did an internet search.

If you are interested in this sort of matter, go here for one person's view.

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

RDR--

I have calculated possessions using the play-by-play record of each game. Through the Utah State game, WSU has had 1950 possessions compared to 1932 forr our opponents.

!583 of our 1950 possessions have ended in FG attempts or FT attempts. Our oponents have 1532 out of 1932 end in shots. We've had 374 end in turnover compared to 423 for our opponents.

For the year, we have averaged .966 points per posession compared to our opponents scoring .915 points per possession.

NOTE: Some possessions end with time expiring at the end of half or end of game so there is no shot attempt or turnover.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
    X