MVC Versus A-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Versus A-10

Not too kind to the Valley. At this point, I cannot disagree, but maybe next year.

A little over the top...but really pretty accurate. Mo. States dive along with CU's tank job this season certainly hurt the overall perception of our league...guess we need to represent this postseason to have else to say to the contrary
    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Well duh. This guy didn't really go out on a limb.

Of course this year there is no question the A-10 is better than the Valley.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Will anybody be so kind as to provide a year-by-year final season RPI ranking of the two conferences over the last 10 years?

Comment

Wow, they were kind of piling on. What caused them to write that article? Of course it's an easy choice this year. Next, let's compare which conference is better: the Big East or the CAA.

Comment

Apples to oranges as far as I am concerned.

That league can't even get their name right.....I mean it's not like people are fighting over the conference name (ie BIG)......it's the Atlantic 14 and there is some SERIOUS deadweight at the bottom of that conference.

Give me 4 Evansvilles instead of one and I bet there would be some more 15-19 win Valley teams.

All I know about middle of the pack St. Louis is they aren't near as good as Missouri State, no matter where they play. Missouri State could very easily be a play in team in the Valley.

To be fair, the top end of the A-14 is solid this year, but lest we forget, POWERHOUSE Dayton (so we are told) needed a fair bit of luck to get past average Creighton, at Dayton.

Home and home, WSU, UNI, CU, BU, ISU and Drake will match up just fine with Dayton, Xavier, Temple, Charlotte, Rhode Island and Richmond, I promise you. Most years, the Valley will P'wn that group.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
              Wow, they were kind of piling on. What caused them to write that article? Of course it's an easy choice this year. Next, let's compare which conference is better: the Big East or the CAA.
              Coach M of St. Lou wants to move to the MVC.

Comment

I assume the people quoted, other than Sullivan, are also sports writers. They didn't seem to sway the "commentors" at the end of the article however.

My favorite: "The MVC will be better when I leave or get fired from SIU." - Chris Lowery

:lol:

Comment

For what it's worth here's a comparison of year-end league rankings that I found on the Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings site.

2004 MVC - 11, A10 - 8
                  2005 MVC - 8 , A10 -13
                  2006 MVC - 7, A10 - 9
                  2007 MVC - 7, A10 -12
                  2008 MVC - 7, A10 -8
                  2009 MVC -10, A10 -9
                  2010 MVC -10, A10 -8

All in all pretty even I'd say.

Comment

Working...
                  X