Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan
    Originally posted by NCAABound
    As for volleyball...Ahearn Field House at KSU was extremely loud for volleyball a few years ago (I don't if they still play there or not). I could only imagine how loud it was when they packed 13k people in it for bball.
    well until last year it was probably pretty quiet since they didn't even come close to packing it for bball LOL.
    Well - it has been really quiet for basketball since they haven't played there for 20 years. Bramlage Coliseum...the #1 reason why we should be thankful for a renovated Koch instead of a new arena.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
      As for volleyball...Ahearn Field House at KSU was extremely loud for volleyball a few years ago (I don't if they still play there or not). I could only imagine how loud it was when they packed 13k people in it for bball.
      well until last year it was probably pretty quiet since they didn't even come close to packing it for bball LOL.
      Well - it has been really quiet for basketball since they haven't played there for 20 years. Bramlage Coliseum...the #1 reason why we should be thankful for a renovated Koch instead of a new arena.
      doh, I knew that I promise. Guess I didn't read the post close enough, just saw an opportunity to take a shot at KSU and ran with it LOL. Oh well, it's all good.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Four dollars for a women's volleyball game???!!! Ouch! I thought they were 1.00 which was a pretty good price considering the entertainment value. I walked away happy last Friday so for me to receive the same amount of satisfaction the game will have to be 4x as exciting... :whistle:

By the way, how much do they charge for women's basketball? Should be around 50 cents + free popcorn!

T

...8)

Comment

Cold, sit a little closer next time, the Spandex Uni's should be atleast 4X's the entertainment for you!

Comment

Re: ShockerNet call-out for volleyball PART II

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
            Originally posted by shox8498
            A big weekend awaits the Shocker Netters, with Drake coming in on Friday, followed by Creighton:x on Saturday.
            Fixed.

I could care less what you call us, but please don't put our name in red. Red is for the morons 40 minutes to the west of us. 8)
            I think Creighton has its own version of Dennis, what with the selectivity being exhibited over colors.

J/k. DJA if you only knew who I am, you would understand. I wasn't intending to lump CU with MORO-NU in Lincoln. My intent was to FIRE the Shocker faithful up.

Thanks for your interest.

Comment

One of the biggest reasons to support the "minor" sports programs is that any financial support they receive pretty much directly impacts the Bell Cow Men's Basketball Program.

Each dollar in support of those programs is a dollar less that has to be pulled out of the Men's Basketball program which pretty much carries the load for our entire athletic program. Not to slight baseball, but I really don't know if it carries its own weight or not. May be last year it did with the regional and super-regional crowds.

Of course, you don't have to support any of these other programs. However, some of us enjoy supporting the Men's basketball program with our attendance at the Volleball matches, etc. We help the Men's Basketball program and get some added entertainment in the bargain. At least that's how I look at it.

On the other hand, if you don't like any of these other sports, no problem. You can just write a larger SASO check or make a donation to the Atheltic Department if you want to help build and maintain the Men's Basketball program.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                I've been to both places for games and its my experience that it gets louder at ku games. It may not peak out quite as high as wsu but over the course of the game its much louder there than here. They have a lot more students at games and people tend to be much more involved when i comes to cheering. Not as many people sitting on their hands there. The last KU game I attended was a nebraska blowout and it was quite a bit louder than wsu with the exception of a few games of recent memory such as florida state etc... just my 2 cents. I also should maybe note that I sat closer to the floor at KU games which isnt the way i like it but where my buddies have tickets. that could also be a factor. The volume is going to be different at different locations in any arena. What you get at floor level is going to be very different then say sitting up in the corners at KU. Another factor is how loud those directly around you are. Obviously if your in the middle of a rowdy student section its much louder than sitting in the same spot across the way on teh other end of an arena. And maybe the last thing to consider is how involved in a game a person is. If I get really involved in a game and walk out odds are I'm going to remember it being louder than it really was. I guess what im getting at is that its all relative and there isnt a way to declare one place louder than the other.
                I have a relative that had lower seats (KU) for an entire season and I invited him to the WSU/SIU-C game and he said his ears were ringing for 2 hours after the Shocker game. There is no question that Shocker games get louder, especially when there is an opponent of some substance.

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                X