Comment

Cornell is #25 in the Coaches Poll at 18-3

Notable Win
      Alabama (1st game of the season)

Losses
      Seton Hall
      Syracuse
      Kansas

We beat two teams in the Top 25 (at the time) and can't even get a vote, makes no sense to me. The Coaches Poll is completely worthless.
      Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

How about a same-song-2nd-verse for WSU-UNI? UNI gets ranked in both polls then promptly drops a game to the Shocks.

I could go for that!

Comment

Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS
          Cornell is #25 in the Coaches Poll at 18-3

Notable Win
          Alabama (1st game of the season)

Losses
          Seton Hall
          Syracuse
          Kansas

We beat two teams in the Top 25 (at the time) and can't even get a vote, makes no sense to me. The Coaches Poll is completely worthless.
          If Cornell had about two minutes more in the tank, they beat Kansas at Lawrence. Playing close counts sometimes, I guess.

The team itself is solely responsible for its absence in the Top 25. Losing on the road to a beaten down Creighton team and then inexcusably losing to Drake will seal your fate.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
            The team itself is solely responsible for its absence in the Top 25. Losing on the road to a beaten down Creighton team and then inexcusably losing to Drake will seal your fate.
            Bingo :good:
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by GO_SHOCKERS
              Texas Tech was clearly WAAAY over-rated. WSU has recent losses to Drake and Creighton - if I had a vote, I wouldn't vote for WSU either.

edit: Other seem to agree and beat me to the punch. Not being ranked or getting votes isn't the end of the world. You win, you get ranked. You lose to mediocre teams, you don't.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
              X