WSU @ UNI - Make your predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU @ UNI - Make your predictions

Ok, I don't normally start prediction threads and I generally don't like making a prediction other than win / lose and I predict wins for every single shocker game.

But this game I have reason to believe the guys can walk into Cedar Falls and pick up a big win. Quite simply, I really think UNI's style of play gives us a huge advantage. UNI is methodical and slow. They will drain 25+ seconds almost every time down the court.

Our defense gets better as the shot clock winds down. Advantage us.
    We are a better rebounding team. Advantage us.
    We are going to push it up the court and out hustle them as they are not used to playing that speed. Advantage us.

My prediction? Shockers win. What is your prediction?

I predict a 65-61 victory
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shox Win! 61 - 52.

Comment

I've had this game as a loss probably since some time last season. Not much has happened to change my mind. Road W's are happening now for the team, but the struggle to get them isn't an omen for success in Baja Canada.

We're going to need 2 or 3 perimeter players and at least 2 inside guys contributing. That hasn't happened on the road yet. I'm not saying it's not going to happen Wednesday, but I'm not counting on it - thus I'm expecting to get another in the L column.

UNI - 72
        WSU - 64
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It will all depend on who dictates the tempo.

Our tempo = our victory.

Their tempo = their victory.

A reinvigorated GS could go a long way in helping to neutralize an angry Eggoslipper.

I I I I I I I I I I I I I ME ME ME ME ME ME MY MY MY MY MY MY

25/5 * 100 = 500% :)

Comment

Not much on predictions either...but I was playing around with my new Droid at the last match up ...Id like a little more of this....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

and some of this

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

If they would be so kind...
            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

I predict that if JT Durley & Toure Murry are MIA and if Gabe Blair, David Kyles and Aaron Ellis don't contribute, the Shocks are DOOMED.

UNI is far too experienced and far too good to bring any sort of sub-par effort and expect to win.

Bring it boys.

-'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I'm with Aargh. The team is making progress, but not good enough to win at UNI yet. The Shox will be better if they meet UNI again in the tournament in St. Louis.
                UNI: 70
                WSU: 60
                :(
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

I disagree - this team has the talent and the athletes to beat NIU even on the road. They'll need to have the ball bounce the right way and get a half-way decent whistle - but they can WIN!

:posterwu:

Comment

CAN the Shox win? Absolutely. Would I put money on it? Absolutely not. Just don't know if the Shox are ready to take that step yet. I'm hoping so.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I predict the UNI public address guy gets even with Don Hall and refers to WSU as Wayne State.

Comment

We finally put it all together on the road -

WSU 74
                        UNI 68

Comment

From what I saw last night, this team still isn't ready to put together a real quality road game. We lucked out because SIU is not good (9th place team).

Wednesday night is no 9th place team.

I was wrong about Carbondale (barely), but this one just isn't gonna happen.

WSU - 56
                          UNI - 69
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We have the talent, but do we have the maturity and the poise to go into their house and upset them?

I have my doubts. The good news is, we haven't reached our potential yet by far. The bad news is, I don't think it will happen on Wednesday.

As good as they are, I can accept (NOT be happy with...) a loss if we play hard and not make it easy on them. We need to scrap and fight with them with everything we have and hopefully we'll eek out a win. If not, then we gave it everything we had and then there aren't any regrets.

...in a perfect world anyway I guess....

Comment

Shrek fouls out with 4 minutes remaining. UNI tries a a 3 at the buzzer that misses.

Iowa State Normal College: 59
                              Fairmount College: 61

Comment

Working...
                              X