Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rZ
    Originally posted by vbird53
    (unless STL blew them away with the offer $$$$).
    If The Lou did blow them away with a big $ offer, we will all just be paying for it during Arch Madness. That $8 beer will now be $12. The $10 pretzel, $14...$18 if you want that tiny little cup of cheese.
    And what's bad is prices are already way out of line there imo.

Comment

There is no source for the info on Valley talk.

So I think it is still possible for KC. We should hear before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Sorry for the off topic post. I rarely go to VT anymore but I noticed rather unflattering quotes attributed to Gregg Marshall in the sig block of a CU poster, jaypharmalum. Are the quotes for real?
        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Never mind. I see that coldblooded has taken this fight on.

Royalshock, if those aren't accurate quotes, is there some Valleytalk rule on defamation?

Or, perhaps the preferred route would be to have a signature line that includes a quote from Dana Altman describing in detail his last, foot tapping visit to the Qwest Center men's room?

Now I remember why I don't go to Valleytalk.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

789, I honestly don't remember since I haven't been a mod there for awhile.

All but one of the VT mods have bailed. The one that's left is the brother of the site admin, and in my experience he hasn't been easy to get in touch with for some reason.

Anyway, jaypharmalum's sig is probably an indirect result of ISASO and ColdBlooded's actions over there.

Comment

I cant help believe other Jay fans arent ashamed and wont take him to task. If it were one of us against another Valley coach I would think we would be all over the poster!

:posterwu: 8) 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

i would LOVE it to be in KC
                lets see how many salukis show up for THAT one
                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

kansas.com

FWIW, it looks like all the rumors are true about the tourney staying in STL.

Report: MVC tourney stays in St. Louis

Comment

It's confirmed:

Look at it this way: When you win the Valley tournament you'll have more time to celebrate on the way home!!!!

Comment

I just think that even thought the bid might have been better, the tourney being in STL gives an unfair advantage to a certain team. They might as well play the damn thing in Carbondale.

Comment

I would have liked them to alternate the tourney but I'm not shocked that is going to stay in SL. It was going to take a much better bid before KC would get it. I think SL had a big advantage since the conference HQ is in SL plus the attendance has really been solid. I have went to the tourney the last four years and it just gets better each year. I would like to see about 4000 crazy WSU fans at the tourney this year.

Comment

A rotation would still be best. I'm just not a big fan of the city itself.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            I just think that even thought the bid might have been better, the tourney being in STL gives an unfair advantage to a certain team. They might as well play the damn thing in Carbondale.
                            Now, having the tournament in Carbondale WOULD be an unfair advantage.
                            But I don't know how you figure it's an advantage for us to play in St. Louis. We've won one MVC tourney in the past 10 years ... not a great track record.

Comment

Joey, you may have only won 1 but how many finals have you been to?

The location is a big advantage for your school but that is the way it is. I like your idea though. When we do (FINALLY) win one, it will be sweet indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                Joey, you may have only won 1 but how many finals have you been to?

The location is a big advantage for your school but that is the way it is. I like your idea though. When we do (FINALLY) win one, it will be sweet indeed.
                                Well, we've been to a few finals, but I credit that more to us having good teams than having an advantage thanks to our crowd.

I can understand where you guys and Creighton are coming from, though. We'd probably have a better chance to win in Kansas City than St. Louis.

Comment

Working...
                                X