Northern Iowa #25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Iowa #25

Tough question for all of shockernetters.... Do we want Northern Iowa to win against Drake and Missouri State? This would set up another top 25 opponent for us Feb 3. At this point in the season, what is more important making a run at the Regular Season Conference Championship or wanting Northern Iowa to go 9-1 with a home loss to us.... Thoughts anyone.

At this point I don't care what anyone else does. We're not going to win the Valley so all I care about is the Shox winning as many games as possible and putting forth a good effort every night and hoping we finally win in the Lou.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not that tough of a question for this Shocker fan...the goal at this point is a Valley title, so I want UNI or any team ahead of us to lose every game they play. We will lose more games, so our at large chances are pretty nonexistent, beating a ranked UNI team again won't change that. Also, whether UNI wins or loses against other Valley teams, has ZERO effect on our RPI.

Comment

That is a tough one. I want the best for the Shocks, but I have to be reasonable.

It will be difficult to make up our two-game deficit to UNI. Looking at their schedule I see three losable games (@MSU, @BU, and maybe WSU). I see five losable games for us (ILSU, @SIU, @UNI, MSU, @BU). I've reduced my expectations to finishing in a solid 2nd place. So if I'm being reasonable, I guess it won't hurt for UNI to keep winning (except for us). The way I see it, the rest of the league is riding their coattails.

Comment

Agree with Marty. I don't care who makes what tournament. I want WSU to win the Valley and that means we need UNI to lose some games.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
            Not that tough of a question for this Shocker fan...the goal at this point is a Valley title, so I want UNI or any team ahead of us to lose every game they play. We will lose more games, so our at large chances are pretty nonexistent, beating a ranked UNI team again won't change that. Also, whether UNI wins or loses against other Valley teams, has ZERO effect on our RPI.
            :good: :yes:

Comment

Well since an at-large is out of the realm of possibilities, I hope we can catch them for a Valley title. Resume-building is moot at this point.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would like Northern Iowa to keep going. If we finish strong and would happen to sweep Northern Iowa worst case would be a host team in the NIT.

Comment

The second half of last season UNI inexplicably dropped 3 out of 4 games. It can happen again. I hope they loose to them both. My thoughts are that we are going to take care of our business from here on out.
                  :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
                    I would like Northern Iowa to keep going. If we finish strong and would happen to sweep Northern Iowa worst case would be a host team in the NIT.
                    Actually, I think you mean at best we'll be in the NIT... However by winning the Valley regular season we're a lock for the NIT. This by no means makes me happy, but it's the truth.

I'm just happy we don't a have NIT/CBI/CIT Watch thread on our front page like the community college a few hours north of us. With the NIT being the very long shot.

Comment

Winning the Valley regular season won't do much for the Shox other than give them a guarantee bid to the NIT. So I hope UNI wins out (more than likely securing an at-large bid), is the 1 seed with us the 2 seed in St louis so that way we won't face them again unless it's in the championship.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Winning the Valley regular season won't do much for the Shox other than give them a guarantee bid to the NIT. So I hope UNI wins out (more than likely securing an at-large bid), is the 1 seed with us the 2 seed in St louis so that way we won't face them again unless it's in the championship.
                        You want UNI to beat us?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          You want UNI to beat us?
                          Ok, they need to win out all but 1 LOL. But they WILL beat us, so it's kind of pointless. Right now the Shockers should just be playing for a 2 seed in St Louis and hoping they get favorable matchups in their bracket.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

But they WILL beat us, so it's kind of pointless. Right now the Shockers should just be playing for a 2 seed in St Louis and hoping they get favorable matchups in their bracket.
                            Honestly, if Gregg Marshall told me the Shox were playing for 2nd place right now, I'd stop going to the games.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                              But they WILL beat us, so it's kind of pointless. Right now the Shockers should just be playing for a 2 seed in St Louis and hoping they get favorable matchups in their bracket.
                              Honestly, if Gregg Marshall told me the Shox were playing for 2nd place right now, I'd stop going to the games.
                              I agree Moose... It Ain't Over 'Till the Fat Lady Sings. She's just warming up her cords.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X