Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Selection TEAM Sheet [WSU/UNI] (Updated 02/01/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Selection TEAM Sheet [WSU/UNI] (Updated 02/01/10)

I have tried to recreate the "Sheet" for WSU they will use for selection for the NCAA tournament.

For the last 10 games, I am using only the last 10 games of the season. Last 10 games to this point is meaningless for this exercise. I have also included CURRENT RPI as well as EXPECTED RPI.

Information comes from the following websites:

RPI Forecasts and Live NCAA RPI (Ratings Percentage Index) Updates - Up to the Minute, Free

2009-2010 NCAA Men's College Basketball RPI and Rankings at WarrenNolan.com. Also, The Nitty Gritty Report, Bracket Projections, Strength of Schedule, & Stats

Here is UNI (as of 1/22/10)

[/img]

Comment

Nice.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Can anybody tell me why the Valley got to 9th in Conference ratings. It sounds like the media has just accepted that it is not as good as the A-10 Conference USA or even the Colonial. Where did this come from. We were 7th and sometimes 6th. Also, doesn't making only 4 at large Berths outside of the BCS just assure that more Clemsons and Arizona States and Washinton States and Alabamas and other Mid level BCS who have never come close to winning get in the tournament instead of more deserving second and third place MVC teams that win more than there share against those teams? I will accept a factual answer. Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
          Can anybody tell me why the Valley got to 9th in Conference ratings. It sounds like the media has just accepted that it is not as good as the A-10 Conference USA or even the Colonial. Where did this come from. We were 7th and sometimes 6th. Also, doesn't making only 4 at large Berths outside of the BCS just assure that more Clemsons and Arizona States and Washinton States and Alabamas and other Mid level BCS who have never come close to winning get in the tournament instead of more deserving second and third place MVC teams that win more than there share against those teams? I will accept a factual answer. Discuss.
          We're 9th simply because we didn't really do shyt outside of conference this year. There were a couple good wins here and there but nothing like '06. And there weren't nearly as many bad losses and bad records that year either.

Too much BCS fudge gets the benefit of the doubt simply by conference affiliation. This is what happens when you have committee members comprised of BCS conferences. It's the ol' squeeze.

The Pac-10 is potentially a one-bid league this year. However, don't be surprised to see as many as 3 or 4 come Selection Sunday. Why? Because they're the Pac-10.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
            Can anybody tell me why the Valley got to 9th in Conference ratings.
            MVC Non-Conference Strength of Schedule is ranked 30 out 33 conference.

MVC Non-Conference Winning Pct is ranked 5th. That is not good enough when playing such a weak non-conference schedule.

Bracketbusters will give the conference a last chance to move up if they would happen to do well.

Comment

Hmm....Not looking that impressive.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Thanks Fever and SB.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                  Thanks for doing this SB!!
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Very nice job on the analysis SB.

I am one of those "anal accountants / numbers geeks" (yes I like to prepare income taxes) .............. not pay taxes - just prepare taxes.

At any rate the analysis is first rate.

:good:

Comment

Thanks for doing this SB!!
                      Yes my thoughts exactly about not looking very impressive (and neither is UNI). Now add in today game - but it is what it is.

Your welcome and will try and update day after each game.

Comment

As of 01/25/10

Comment

Comment

Shockers closer than most think....

In the fast lane

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X