Not too early to talk about Pitt State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too early to talk about Pitt State

Those guys up in Larryville thumped them pretty good last week. Here's a nice writeup on Coach Iba, nephew of the immortal Henry Iba.

Here's an interesting note you'll find in the link........Gene Iba coached for 7 seasons at Baylor (1985-92).

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I expect a real battle from these guys, considering the coach and his background. Anyone remember the last 2-3 games vs. Emporia State? A couple of seasons ago, ESU had us down late in the game, before we had an 8-0 run at the end.

It will probably take a similar effort to beat the Gorillas, IMHO.

always a good D2 team. They wil help us get our act together! 8) :posterwsu: 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

9-19 last year

Comment

Having seen Iba coached teams play at Pitt-State I can attest they will be a good tune up for WSU. Don't let the 9-19 record last year fool you they have some pretty good players.

Comment

Im excited to finally see JT actually play in a game.

Comment

and excerpt from an article about their KU game:

The Gorillas, coming off an 18-13 2006-07 season and a trip to the NCAA Division II National Tournament, shot 40.0 percent (20 of 50) from the field in the game, but Pitt State struggled against Kansas’ defensive pressure, committing 29 turnovers.

Comment

They have a player named Abercrombie who can score pretty well. He ended up fouling out. No shooters. They do a nice job of team rebounding. The halfcourt trap killed them.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                They have a player named Abercrombie who can score pretty well. He ended up fouling out. No shooters. They do a nice job of team rebounding. The halfcourt trap killed them.
                PLEASE tell me they have another player named Fitch....
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Im excited to finally see J T actually play in a game.
                  Well, it hasn't happened yet, don't count your JT's until they (either) start or you hear the substitution horn and he comes in.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how the new guys do in their 2nd time out of the tunnel and also how much JTD may be able to contribute on the inside.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      Looking forward to seeing how the new guys do in their 2nd time out of the tunnel and also how much JTD may be able to contribute on the inside.

:goshocks:
                      Many coaches will say that you can expect the biggest difference or greatest change between games 1 and 2. More than any other 1 game turn around.

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                        Many coaches will say that you can expect the biggest difference or greatest change between games 1 and 2. More than any other 1 game turn around.

Makes sense to me.

One can only hope. But that said, Coach was definitely using many, many different lineups Saturday, so many I quit counting. Hopefully, he saw enough that he now knows a little better what he wants to do. I know that's what the preseason and early season games are for, but I was underwhelmed with their game Saturday night. I am being realistic about our season this year, but thought we would look a little more put together than we did. Coach Marshall is not just a good coach, he is a really, really GOOD coach and I have every faith in him that he will do well this year (however, probably not as well as some would like). He needs a couple of years to get HIS team in here and then I think we will see some very exciting ball.

Comment

He is pretty much starting from scratch for a coach, he has to see which guys play best together, and complement each other. I expect most of the jitters to go away on Thursday, and the team settled into playing lines better, and to be reading each other better. I was glad to see the mixing up of defense though to keep the opponent off balance some.

There is no 'Fitch' on the Gorillas. Abercrombie had a good game against KU, but does not look to be one of the 'normal' leading scorers on the team. He had 14 points and 6 rebounds against KU, but fouled out.

Comment

Working...
                          X