Help with getting Shocker radio in arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with getting Shocker radio in arena

This will be the first year in a while, where I will have season tickets and will be going to more than two or three games. I have not tried to listen to the game on radio until last night, but was not able to pick up any signal. Does anyone know the 'secret' for getting good reception?
    Any help would greatly appreciated.

I am not sure what the frequency is but they broadcast a signal inside the arena for this purpose. It is on the lower part of the spectrum but I can't remember the frequency.

Comment

Re: Help with getting Shocker radio in arena

Originally posted by momsboy
      This will be the first year in a while, where I will have season tickets and will be going to more than two or three games. I have not tried to listen to the game on radio until last night, but was not able to pick up any signal. Does anyone know the 'secret' for getting good reception?
      Any help would greatly appreciated.
      During the game, I sometimes listen on 1330. Saturday night, I had fine reception. I have a Sony headset.

I have never had a problem with picking up 1330.

Comment

I think the FM channel is 98.7

I never have a problem with 1330am either.

Comment

I got 1330 ok in the arena Saturday night also, but it was on a huge tape delay... something like 5 seconds. Listening and watching does not work like that! I'd recommend finding the FM broadcast. I don't believe its tape delayed.

Comment

Here is Kennedy's public email address as follows:

mikekennedywichita@yahoo.com

Send him a note. He will answer.

Comment

Mike Kennedy just informed me that the low-power fm signal that is transmitted at CKA is set on the dial at 89.5 FM. Road games differ at each venue based on local market radio signals. For those of you who travel and are seeking to find the signal, check directly with Mike at the arena or ask other Shocker fans with headsets on (they most likely have already asked Mike).

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
              X