No announcement yet.

Bluejay Fans Still Believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares? Are they not going to give us crap when it inevitably happens to us again? No.

So why not give them a little taste of the garbage they've been pedaling while we have the chance. You can bet your rears that they will be more than happy to let us know when our Shockers aren't playing up to snuff.

We are up, they are down. Let's relish in it!!

If we flip flop during the season, so be it, or are we saying that it hurts our feelings when sCUm fans make fun of us? I couldn't care less what they say. I'm optimistic in our guys that it ain't gonna happen.

At least right now...

If it tweaks them, all the more reason to do it.

Grow a thick skin and dish away. That's the beauty of it. We Shocker fans ride a roller coaster, don't be the little girl that hops on the roller coaster and cries throughout the whole ride. It just ruins it for everyone else.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

In Santa Claus?, In the Toothfairy? Etc? :D :posterwsu: 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The question doesn't say 2010 ;-)

Comment

Re: Bluejay Fans Still Believe

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Originally posted by KC Shox
          Originally posted by ShockBand
          Despite the abysmal start, Jay fans are still convinced they are going to the NCAA. Click on the link from yesterday's OWH posting and scroll to the bottom for the daily poll - 82% say they're going to the dance!

http://www.omaha.com/article/2009122...30/-1/bluejays
          We did the same thing during our 17 win season with MT. Started out in the top 10 then nose dived. Lets not throw stones.
          That was one of your weakest arguments I've ever seen on here before.
          It wasn't an arguement, just another observation. Why do you think I'm trying to argue all the time? Anyway, I distinctly remember game-after-game when we saw our 8-0 record go by the wayside, every Shox fan would say the next game would be our turn-around. It never happened but we kept our faith until the end, even for an NIT bid.

CU fans are doing the same thing yet we make fun of them. You probably hate CU more than anyone on here, so don't let your emotions override the facts. You are throwing stones my friend - don't act like a hypocrite.
          Hypocrite? Me?

We don't start seasons 4-6 and start proclaiming we're NCAA caliber. That's the difference. I don't really care what their schedule was. It has proven to be considerably weaker than originally thought. And there's no point in having a good schedule if you suck eggs with it. That's why it's ludicrous to think they are an NCAA tournament team.

I think we were justified for saying we were of NCAA caliber when we were 9-0 and No.8 in the country. Even after a bit of the fall, we were still more justified than sCUm is now for saying we were a potential tourney team given our fairly strong OOC performance (way stronger than a 4-6 record with wins over Savannah State and Florida A&M).

Your logic is grossly flawed. That's why I said it was quite weak. And the reason I implied that it was an "argument" is because of your niche for wrinkling up the feathers. I'll call it an "observation" if you prefer, but still it was one of the weakest "observations" you've ever made here.

And I think that makes you more of a hypo than me.
          Flawed? You sir are missing the entire point. It all boils down to a fanbase having hope/faith for their team. We have it and obviously CU fans have it. I'm surprised that with all the sunglass wearing Shocker fans on this board getting on me for their perception of not being happy-go-lucky all the time for the Shox, they quickly turnaround and poke fun on another fanbase's same attitude.

Regardless of record, schedule or any other variable you can think of, CU fans have the hope/faith they have the talent to turnaround their season. We did/do the same freakin' thing.

So put aside your hate for CU and quit thinking with your emotions.
          If a poll was created asking if we were an NCAA team with a 4-6 record and some questionable losses, I extremely doubt that 85% would think we were dancing.

It's funny because you're actually backing sCUm optimists and their blue-colored glasses but if the roles were reversed, and if Shocker fans were being the optimists, you'd have them run out of the building. Another form of hypocrisy?
          +1
          Well said.
          Goo Shockers

Comment

Why shouldn't they? Those of us Shocker fans who showed up to games in the 90's kept the faith. Heck, I've had my tix since 95 and was a student during Fogler's last year and the abyss (if I may use your word Uncle Ricky) of the Cohen & Thompson years. Smithson at least gave us hope with the return of the prodigal son and the possibility for the resurrection of MTXE.

Lloyd Christmas says it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Boy did I start sumpin' with this thread!

I am as optimistic as they come, but if you were to ask me if we make the NCAAs this year, right now I would still say we either have to win the conference tournament or absolutely tear through the regular season title with a record of 15-3 or better.

Now if we were in a BCS conference...
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
              X