Baylor loses to D2 in exhibition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least we weren't ranked #8.
    I'm really hoping that comment was a result of the meltdown among Baylor fans after the loss.

Opponent fan comments like that on this board are viewed as an act of war by some posters here. We generally have good relations with opponent fans and try to police our own posters who go over the line. It gets pretty difficult to do that when opponent fans come here and drop bombs like that on our board.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
      I'm really hoping that comment was a result of the meltdown among Baylor fans after the loss.

Opponent fan comments like that on this board are viewed as an act of war by some posters here. We generally have good relations with opponent fans and try to police our own posters who go over the line. It gets pretty difficult to do that when opponent fans come here and drop bombs like that on our board.
      I think that's a jab at Michigan St, not our plummet from last year.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Wushock41
        And you never will be, in anything.

:lol:
        As some have said before, trashing a team before you play is a no win situation. If you lose, you've admitted losing to a lesser team. If you win, it diminishes the win, because in your eyes they were a lesser team.

Comments like that only make you look dumb.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

The Baylor Bears play pretty good baseball. Damn good, actually.

Comment

My apologies to the Baylor posters and baseball team. I took the post as a flame to our season last year (admittedly sensitive) and it evidently wasn't and now see it was directed towards the Spartans. Guess the Stuts recruitment process has me on edge.

As a punishment, I've told my wife I cut her Macy's card in half (even though I haven't) and I will endure this punishment until lunch tomorrow when I give it back to her.

See you Baylor folks on the 16th in the gym.

:innocent:

Comment

I don't understand being rude to a guest who comes here and gives a fair explanation of their loss. It wasn't "the refs hated us" or anything.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                Originally posted by Aargh

I think that's a jab at Michigan St, not our plummet from last year.
                My impression also.
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

He's explained himself and it's understandable.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My apologies to the Baylor posters and baseball team. I took the post as a flame to our season last year (admittedly sensitive) and it evidently wasn't and now see it was directed towards the Spartans. Guess the Stuts recruitment process has me on edge.

As a punishment, I've told my wife I cut her Macy's card in half (even though I haven't) and I will endure this punishment until lunch tomorrow when I give it back to her.

See you Baylor folks on the 16th in the gym.

:innocent:
                    :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :D

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      He's explained himself and it's understandable.
                      I go through the threads and respond as I see posts to which to respond. You are correct. Life is good. We'll beat Baylor !!
                      :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:

Comment

Exhibition means nothing, some of you are dismissing Baylor based on an exhibition game. We weren't too hot tonight either. That team is going to be way better than what they have shown in exhibition.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                          Exhibition means nothing, some of you are dismissing Baylor based on an exhibition game. We weren't too hot tonight either. That team is going to be way better than what they have shown in exhibition.
                          I'm sure we'll be way better than what our exhibition showed tonight too..

but at least we won.. :D
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I will back off of my post. I thought the #8 reference was a flame on last year's flame-out after the #8 ranking.

It looks more like a knock on MichSt. WSU fans clearly remember the #8 ranking and what happened after that. I doubt many Baylor fans remember the brief moment that WSU was top-10 last year. It is much more likely they remember MSU's current #8 ranking and loss.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It was a shot at mich st. didn't even think about how else it might be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by baylrballa
                                It was a shot at mich st. didn't even think about how else it might be taken.
                                That's good, because I was ready to come back with "our shootouts are usually on a basketball court......"

On a similar note, I would also have to chuckle at your comment about ignorance is BLISS.......your words, not ours.

But since you backed off, I will make every effort to keep relations between BU and WSU on a good footing.

One question though.......just being honest. Why can't we ever seem to hook up in baseball? Is it your conference affiliation that automatically exempts you from considering scheduling us? I'm still mystified why the BIG XII almost completely ignores us. I am almost 100% certain that Gene and staff here would jump at the opportunity to play home and home with Baylor. Is it departoTEXophobia (fear of leaving the state of Texas?). I thought your brethren in Austin were the only ones with that particular affliction. Am I wrong?

(crickets chirping.....waiting patiently for your answer)

Comment

Working...
                                X