Ratings Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings Watch

Since the other topic got hijacked I'm starting a new one.

RPI (WarrenNolan.com) - WSU 85, MVC 10th (MSU 25, UNI 39, InSU 66)

Pomeroy - WSU 53, MVC 10th (MSU 45, UNI 57)

Sagarin - WSU 63, MVC 10th (MSU 29, UNI 50)

The CHN non-BCS top 25 - WSU 15th (MSU 13th, UNI 14th)

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere...

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Shocks receive 18 votes in the AP poll.

Missouri State gets 45 votes, Northern Iowa gets 1 vote.

Comment

I'll take the fact our beating Tech didn't drop them out of the AP Top 25 as a bit of a measure of respect as well.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by WSU4Life

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

UNI with only 1 vote and 1 loss seems a little out of whack to me. They have played a far better schedule than us - no wins over a ranked team but their overall schedule is something I would trade in a minute for.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
          We're overrated. Everyone else is underrated.

Just copy and paste from now on, it'll save time.

Comment

If Wichita could be a top 25-40 team year in and year out (obviously ranked higher in the good years) I would consider it a very successful program. Notice I didn't say a top 10-20 program because there have been a few of my friends that consider me a rose colored glasses kind of guy. Looking at the rest of the teams getting votes that is some pretty good company. Go Shox..Spank the bison.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
              Originally posted by WSU4Life

UNI with only 1 vote and 1 loss seems a little out of whack to me. They have played a far better schedule than us - no wins over a ranked team but their overall schedule is something I would trade in a minute for.
              Evidently you don't have very high standards. UNI non-conference schedule projected to be 262 (WSU is 327) neither are good.

UNI best win is against Siena (another Mid-Major), an opponent nobody cares about so they get very little homage, probably didn't even make sportscenter. They have a bad loss.

WSU has one good win that exceeds UNI good win, and no bad losses. There was actually pre- and post-game national media coverage and thus WSU reaped the homage for their victory.

That is the way polls work. More style than substance.

Comment

Working...
              X