Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh
    Originally posted by Shox151
    What I want to know is why KWCH insists on running these games on 22. It sucks for those of us that live outside of a Cox service area.
    In this age of digital broadcast, why not supercede their weather on 12-2 for a couple hours of shocker bball and broadcast to more fans. I am not asking for HD here, but just the ability to watch a game in my own home and not have to pay for $6 beers at the local bar...
    My understanding is that Cox reaches 1.5 mill viewers with Ch 22. That's viewers - not households, bat that's more coverage on 22 than 12 can provide.

I also believe Cox put up some $$ for the exclusive rights.

From the Athletic Department point of view, WSU gets more money and more viewers. That pretty much closed the deal.
    There is nothing that says Ch 12 can't still let it be broadcast down in the Tulsa, OKC, and KC areas, even though it is on a local channel here. That is where the 1.5 mill comes from. There are not 1.5 mill viewers in the Metro Area where Cox serves. Channel 12 reaches western 2/3's of the state of KS.

This was from the KWCH website:
    The population of the Wichita metro area is 664,000. The population of the Nielsen measured area for KWCH and the KBS is 1,170,000.

In addition to Kansas, KWCH and its satellites can be seen in Nebraska, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas.
    Those Cox numbers have to be including the other areas that show the games. Because if KWCH covers 1.17 mill, then there is no way that COX has nearly that many because there are so many places that don't have COX cable. Sounds more like there is more to it than truly covering the most available viewers.

Comment

From this week's MVC MBB report the four games on FCS will also be on FSN Midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox Grad
        http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=1310704

From this week's MVC MBB report the four games on FCS will also be on FSN Midwest.
        The current broadcast plans for television from the Paradise Jam is four games, two games on Sunday, Nov. 18 and two games on Monday, Nov. 19, which are the consolation championship and championship games. The games will air nationally on Fox College Sports, and regionally on FSN Midwest, SportSouth, Southwest, FSN Bay area, and DirecTV. In addition, games that are not on national broadcast will be streamed live through http://www.paradisejam.com/ and http://www.watchbtihoops.com/.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

It sucks. Satellite doesn't get channel 22!

Comment

17.99 to watch the whole tourney not to bad.

But since we will be playing sunday/monday ill watch it at home.

That means there will be watching my chiefs get smashed on by the colts.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              Hey at least all of KU's games will be televised locally

There is something very wrong with that. We can't get more than couple of WSU games on a regular channel in our hometown, yet Ku gets all of theirs on TV here.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989

There is something very wrong with that. We can't get more than couple of WSU games on a regular channel in our hometown, yet Ku gets all of theirs on TV here.
                Thats because we are vastly inferior to the boys up north

/sarcasm meter running high

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                  As far as I can tell, the game at Appalachian St. will be televised live on Metro Sports in KC. That's the only one so far, each of the other K22 games prior to the end of the year conflict with another game (Mizzou).
                  Another reason to hate Mizzou.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                    Originally posted by Aargh
                    Originally posted by Shox151
                    What I want to know is why KWCH insists on running these games on 22. It sucks for those of us that live outside of a Cox service area.
                    In this age of digital broadcast, why not supercede their weather on 12-2 for a couple hours of shocker bball and broadcast to more fans. I am not asking for HD here, but just the ability to watch a game in my own home and not have to pay for $6 beers at the local bar...
                    My understanding is that Cox reaches 1.5 mill viewers with Ch 22. That's viewers - not households, bat that's more coverage on 22 than 12 can provide.

I also believe Cox put up some $$ for the exclusive rights.

From the Athletic Department point of view, WSU gets more money and more viewers. That pretty much closed the deal.
                    There is nothing that says Ch 12 can't still let it be broadcast down in the Tulsa, OKC, and KC areas, even though it is on a local channel here. That is where the 1.5 mill comes from. There are not 1.5 mill viewers in the Metro Area where Cox serves. Channel 12 reaches western 2/3's of the state of KS.

This was from the KWCH website:
                    The population of the Wichita metro area is 664,000. The population of the Nielsen measured area for KWCH and the KBS is 1,170,000.

In addition to Kansas, KWCH and its satellites can be seen in Nebraska, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas.
                    Those Cox numbers have to be including the other areas that show the games. Because if KWCH covers 1.17 mill, then there is no way that COX has nearly that many because there are so many places that don't have COX cable. Sounds more like there is more to it than truly covering the most available viewers.

Actually, Ch 22 is a KAKE Channel 10 station along with WIBW in Topeka. Not KWCH.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Who's doing the color on the radio broadcast?

I can't put the voice with the name.

Comment

It's Gary Cundiff. That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989

I agree. You would NEVER see WSU on TV more in KC, Topeka or Lawrence than Ku.

Maybe we should remind the local media that WSU has something like 40,000 alumni in SG county vs. 8000 each for Ku and Kstate.

All I hear about is how much Wichita loves the Shockers, yet the Shockers get just a couple of games on real TV in Wichita.

It makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X