Any rumors on the WSU end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu
    Perhaps some perspective is needed. Over at kstatefans.com a kitty fan started hypothetical ksu vs wsu thread. Not surprisingly the kitties are killing us on the boards and ahead by 20. They don't think much of TTU.
    Its fun to have fantasies, but me thinks they might be premature and jettison too early...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

this EMAW has been a rallying cry since they 'invented ' football in 1998...this is the same crowd that released a DVD called 'A decade of dominance' for their football team...which won EXACTLY one title during that time period.

Give me KU fans ANY DAY!

Comment

Refer to board rules:
        1) Don't talk smack with schools who haven't won an NCAA title
        2) Don't talk smack with schools whose women's basketball team ever out-drew its men.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
          Perhaps some perspective is needed. Over at kstatefans.com a kitty fan started hypothetical ksu vs wsu thread. Not surprisingly the kitties are killing us on the boards and ahead by 20. They don't think much of TTU.
          Yawn.

KU fans, for the most part, are arrogant and insufferable. Based on their team’s success they have, to a certain extent, earned that right but still…it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation with them…..most of them.

KSU fans are different. Insecurities abound in the Little Apple – their arrogance is faux-arrogance. Paper thin bravado. They remind me of a puffer fish. When threatened these fish “blow up” inflating their body to increase their size. Of course, they remain the same little fish.

Comment

Every Man's Agricultural Whippingboy

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              Originally posted by shox8498
              Elitist Manhattanites - Arrogant Wildkitties Club.
              I though "EMAW" was the sound K-staters made when having sex?
              That my friend is very very funny

Royal: It's just hard for me to equate arrogance with K-State. I agree with Maggie that they are more like a puffer fish.

They do have a pretty good team this year though.

Comment

I must admit, I haven't followed KSU basketball all that closely over that last 20 years... But I guess my question is, when was the last time they made it to the Sweet 16 or further and when was the last time they were ranked #8 or higher? We've done both in the last 3 years. Not only that, but we destroy them in total attendance every year don't we? So, who fed them the idea that their program is superior?

Comment

Their last deep run was in the late 80s, losing to KU at either the S16 or E8 level, IIRC. As usual, some of the superiority mentality stems from the "we're in the Big 12, you're not" angle. K-State does look to be a pretty good team this year, and I will be interested to see how they fare in conference play.

All the mouthy bashing aside, I would love to see all three Kansas D1 schools in the dance again! Its been over 20 years since that last happened!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                    I must admit, I haven't followed KSU basketball all that closely over that last 20 years... But I guess my question is, when was the last time they made it to the Sweet 16 or further and when was the last time they were ranked #8 or higher? We've done both in the last 3 years. Not only that, but we destroy them in total attendance every year don't we? So, who fed them the idea that their program is superior?
                    Here is the question you should be asking yourself: What if Wichita State was in the Big 12 instead of K-State? We would have had to completely rebuild our roundhouse to accommodate 18,000 and would most likely be a top 30 team year in and year out. One thing is for sure, our basketball program would be miles ahead of where K-State's is today.

People could argue that our basketball program is ahead of theirs now. Do you have any idea how incredible it is to even be able to make that argument with our program suffering from the handicap that is being a member of the MVC?

The potential for Wichita State returning to its heyday is great. All that is required is a move to a better conference. There is no doubt in my mind that we could be a middle-of-the-pack Big 12 team in basketball year in and year out. Oh yeah.. football.. whoops. :(

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE
                      Here is the question you should be asking yourself: What if Wichita State was in the Big 12 instead of K-State? We would have had to completely rebuild our roundhouse to accommodate 18,000 and would most likely be a top 30 team year in and year out. One thing is for sure, our basketball program would be miles ahead of where K-State's is today.

People could argue that our basketball program is ahead of theirs now. Do you have any idea how incredible it is to even be able to make that argument with our program suffering from the handicap that is being a member of the MVC?
                      The potential for Wichita State returning to its heyday is great. All that is required is a move to a better conference. There is no doubt in my mind that we could be a middle-of-the-pack Big 12 team in basketball year in and year out. Oh yeah.. football.. whoops. :(
                      Thanks Mr. 'Cold' (blooded)... you finally revealed yourself. :D
                      SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
                        Originally posted by SB Shock
                        Originally posted by shox8498
                        Elitist Manhattanites - Arrogant Wildkitties Club.
                        I though "EMAW" was the sound K-staters made when having sex?
                        That my friend is very very funny

Royal: It's just hard for me to equate arrogance with K-State. I agree with Maggie that they are more like a puffer fish.

They do have a pretty good team this year though.
                        Obnoxious is the word I choose.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

WSU has done well lately but 8 NCAA appearances pale compared to 23, no matter how long ago they were. I have no argument that WSU was better than us for some time but it seems that is changing and with the continued good recruiting should continue. I thinlk it's great that all 3 Div 1 programs in Kansas are playing well.

What if WSU was in the Big 12? Why aren't they? Why didn't the school make a commitment like KSU did as a charter member of the Big 6/7/8/12 and continue to commit the money and resources to remain in the conference? When faced with a possible ouster from the Big 8 in the 1980's KSU took the risk to spend money that frankly wasn't there to improve the football program. It was a huge gamble and it worked. WSU decided (Sweet Lew strikes) in a similar situation to give up and end their football program. If I were a WSU Alumnus those are the questions I would ask myself. Why no big brass ones at WSU?

Later, off to Manhappiness for the basketball game.

Comment

I wouldn't call it arrogance with KSU fans. You have to have something to back you up when you have arrogance. I'd say it's more like ignorance.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat

WSU has done well lately but 8 NCAA appearances pale compared to 23, no matter how long ago they were. I have no argument that WSU was better than us for some time but it seems that is changing and with the continued good recruiting should continue. I thinlk it's great that all 3 Div 1 programs in Kansas are playing well.

What if WSU was in the Big 12? Why aren't they? Why didn't the school make a commitment like KSU did as a charter member of the Big 6/7/8/12 and continue to commit the money and resources to remain in the conference? When faced with a possible ouster from the Big 8 in the 1980's KSU took the risk to spend money that frankly wasn't there to improve the football program. It was a huge gamble and it worked. WSU decided (Sweet Lew strikes) in a similar situation to give up and end their football program. If I were a WSU Alumnus those are the questions I would ask myself. Why no big brass ones at WSU?

Later, off to Manhappiness for the basketball game.
                              Shocker fans please discuss the dispassionate points brought up by BCSCat. Most folks pro-football or con-football cannot discuss their position without emotion of the argument taking hold. Also, please do not attempt to discuss Shocker football's demise if either party has had so much as a drop of alcohol otherwise it's next to impossible to maintain a grounded perspective. Believe me I know ;-)

Go Shocks!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X