This team's personality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team's personality

Just back from the game and I have to type because I have no voice left.

I think every team has a personality and it shows up under stress. There have been some hints in earlier games, but this team is, in my opinion tough, gritty and it never gives up. Down 4 after being up 14 and no one panics. They just methodically played their game, sank their free throws in an incredible pressure situation and played through TT's scores. They were really unflappable. Look out Valley.

Yes we grew up! Its great to see!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We are not unflappable. We were lucky we could contain the game. Hannah saved our bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
        We are not unflappable. We were lucky we could contain the game. Hannah saved our bacon.
        We have withstood a major comeback from a good team two games in a row now.

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. The team deserves a huge amount of credit for what they have accomplished the last two games. it bodes well for our chances in the Valley.

Not punching any tickets to the post season, but this team is focused and talented.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The fact we could step up and sink 13 free throws in a row=unflappable

Comment

We need to make a statement in every Valley game this year. We will undoubtedly have let downs, but the thing about this team is that if one or two weapons aren't firing, we have 4 or 5 more that can.

If the defense holds up, we will be unstoppable.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

This makes two true road wins and two home wins against quality opponents.

I'm ready to drop the word "cautiously" and just say I'm optimistic.

TT had some pretty quick forwards. It was a challenge keeping up with them. Blair really struggled with that. There aren't many forwards like that in the Valley.

This was against BCS post players and Stutz and Durley forced the B12 post players to try to rise to the occasion. There isn't a post player or combination in the Valley that can hang with Stutz and Durley.

Valley teams really aren't going to like it that WSU's entire front court is back next year and we're adding an athletic 7' player to the mix.

I doubt that TT is going to hold up as a top 25 team - or maybe even as a top 35 team, but it's still a going to remain as a quality win.

We've scheduled 3 BCS teams. We beat 2 of them. It's not our fault that Iowa is so bad this year, and we couldn't have expected it when we scheduled them. That makes up a lot of ground with the Selection Committee.

I no longer think it's too early to discuss an at-large bid, but I think it would take something like a 15-3 record in league play to seriously consider it. WSU could go 15-3, but it's going to take consistency over a long season and we have no reason to expect that.

We've got the players, the coaches, and the system.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                TT had some pretty quick forwards. It was a challenge keeping up with them. Blair really struggled with that.
                Ummm.. Blair had no problem with their quickness. Blair is the fastest forward (by far) on our team. Blair is just so energetic -he wasn't able to dial it down a notch when the refs started calling it close. I was very disappointed to see Blair foul himself into a non-factor situation. If you would have told me before the game that we would win with Blair practically non-existent I would have laughed in your face.

Blair has surprised on the upside so much that he was due for a little let down. Blair will be back in full force soon, I will guarantee you that.

Comment

I actually felt Stutz was a game changer just as much as Hannah was. He had a couple huge rebounds and was attacking when no one else would/could. The tip in was huge as well. Also, although it was in the first half, he had a couple nice assists out of a double team. He continues to impress.

Sure you can point to the poor defense in the 2nd half and you can nitpick away every game that will ever be played....but this team overcame. That's what good teams do.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Gabe is going to rip some Valley team (preferably Creighton) a new one BIG TIME this season, and I will enjoy it thoroughly. Last night was not his night unfortunately.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I am impressed. I thought it was over after Tech overcame the 14 point deficit and came back to take the lead. Very impressed the guys had the MTXE to come back and get the win.

Comment

Good article from Lutz :yes:

Tech's willingness to seek competition benefits WSU

If Wichita State has proven anything during its impressive start, it's that there are more than two or three players willing and capable of stepping up when others aren't producing.
                        Read more: http://www.kansas.com/sports/lutz/st...#ixzz0aEoARBSd
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                          I am impressed.
                          What have I told you about letting your wife get a hold of your password KC?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                            Very impressed the guys had the MTXE to come back and get the win.
                            Stop trying to be funny, it's not your schtick. :)

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                              Good article from Lutz :yes:

Tech's willingness to seek competition benefits WSU

If Wichita State has proven anything during its impressive start, it's that there are more than two or three players willing and capable of stepping up when others aren't producing.
                              Read more: http://www.kansas.com/sports/lutz/st...#ixzz0aEoARBSd
                              It was a great 1 and 1 series. Perhaps Gregg will ask Pat to repeat.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X