New Chants for TT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chants for TT

I'm all for getting the student section some new chants for the game against TT. We must be more creative. I thought this would be a good place to throw out some ideas for tomorrows game specifically, and pehaps we can continue this trend with our conference opponents.

My first idea involves a large poster of Bob Knight throwing the chair. Replace his head with Darth Vader, and put on it "Join the Dark Side, Pat. Throw the Chair." The student could then chant "Throw the Chair" everytime Pat gets up and starts gnawing on the refs.

Somebody also needs to make note of the referees names at the beginning of the game, where we could sing "help me rhonda" but replaced with one of their names.

And while I'm digging for more info at texastech.com, somebody else needs to go to that page and check out their XC video, the dramatic music made me laugh so hard. I'll be back with more stuff later.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Throw the Chair is terrific... Perfect for any time Pat gets worked up.
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

When we beg to differ from the gentlemen in the striped shirt we could so gently remind them of our displeasure by loudly expressing the following sentiment in their direction:

"Guns Up Yours!"

or is that too colorful. (The General would like it).

Comment

Throw the Chair is brilliant!
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Darko went to the Grammar School of Math...

Think about it.

David Tairu's last name is pronounced Ty-roo. We could probably chant that like the air ball chant everytime he touches the ball. "Ty-ROOOO Ty-ROOOO"

Darko's hobbies include woodworking. I think we could definitely use that in a chant somehow. Maybe give him the nickname hacksaw, so everytime he fouls we yell "hacksaw" The most three-pointers he's ever taken were the two against us last year, and the most he's ever made was against SE Louisiana, which means we want him to take those shots. So everytime he has the ball outside, yell "shoot it".

We need a sign that says,

"My Life Goals: 1) Graduate from Texas Tech. 2) Play basketball." Maybe with some check boxes. 90% of their team has that as their career goals. Basically everyone who isn't a walk-on.

Comment

"Help me Eddie, yeah. GET HIM OFF OF THE COURT!"

Nah, too long.

Comment

StealShocker those are great. Come up with a way to get the crowd to use them.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Page 85 of their media guide has Sarah Palin giving/accepting something from one of the TTU players. Hilarious.

Comment

As I am no longer in the student section, it will be near impossible to get it rolling from where I am, so I'm volunteering all these chants to some of our student section posters to run with.

Continuing with my research into the media guide, they talk about Bob Knight as a "Hemingway figure." You can't make this stuff up.

More later....

Comment

There is a poster on page 101 where Bob Knight is supporting the public libraries, and the poster reads "Red Riders Read"

A poster for the LIBRARY. I'm pretty sure they didn't misspell that on purpose.

Comment

Wow.

The anticipation for this game reached and has now surpassed a fever pitch.

It is now fastly approaching frothing at the mouth.

By tomorrow night, elevated DEFCON status will be achieved. 8)
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker
                        There is a poster on page 101 where Bob Knight is supporting the public libraries, and the poster reads "Red Riders Read"

A poster for the LIBRARY. I'm pretty sure they didn't misspell that on purpose.
                        Sign idea.

The Raider logo next to Little Red Riding Hood.

Comment

I vote for "throw a chair" to forever replace 'sit down, shut up"

Comment

An alternate version could be the slow buildup clap with "chair... chair... chair... chair..." just to mix things up.

Steele, how I miss our days of madness in the student section!
                            andymooredesign.com

MTXE, SHOX!

Comment

Some fun with paint (so glad I didn't have to work today...)

I wish I could figure out how to copy the larger image via flickr, but it's not working. Perhaps a different site.

Took me about 5 minutes to make these, I can only imagine the possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X