No announcement yet.

Tulsa Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall said he likes the UMKC series. I expected it to be renewed.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333
      Tulsa should be in the Valley. Great news never the less!
      I would be more excited about WSU being in C-USA.
      At Ballard’s Sporting Goods in Aggieville, this season’s popular purple T-Shirt with the “Welcome to Huggieville” greeting had already been replaced with a newer line known as “Welcome to Traitorville.” “Welcome Back to Loserville” might be a more appropriate selection. - msnbc 4/7/07

Comment

Playing games in KC is a good thing for the Shox.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I was just curious, because those deals limit the number of home games that can be played. But UMKC is much better than the other options we have seen so far this year.

Comment

Nice to see this series renewed. I've already got tickets promised to me for the 2011-12 game in Tulsa. :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by beatmu
              Nah give me the Valley any day! Especially considering Memphis' days in CUSA are numbered. Wish Tulsa would have never left.

This series is great news for Shocker and Hurricane fans. It was so sad that the series was ever allowed to die.
              "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
              -- Pele

Comment

The regular arse beatings administered by the Hurricanes in the 90s were the major contributors to the series ending.

We could not remain competitive....fortunately, those days are fading, fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident
                  Nah give me the Valley any day! Especially considering Memphis' days in CUSA are numbered. Wish Tulsa would have never left.

This series is great news for Shocker and Hurricane fans. It was so sad that the series was ever allowed to die.
                  Could you imagine if they TU had stayed? Too bad. I miss that one true rivalry that the Shocks have. ;-)

Comment

I'm glad to see see this series renewed. There were some great games back in the days when they were a member of the MVC. With both team again on the rise I hope we keep this series going. I would also like to continue the series with UMKC, we still owe them a little payback.

Comment

Even without Memphis I would take C-USA over MVC any day. Not only for basketball but think about the improvment for baseball? Volleyball might be an opverall upgrade too.

Comment

I don't think we need to change conferences just schedule more one and ones like these instead of buying the teams we bought. if we're going to buy someone can't we afford better?

Comment

I disagree, there are number of schools keeping this conference down and the MVC won't do anything about it. IF the conference would take action and change 3 to 4 teams out then I would agree that staying in the MVC would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22

Even without Memphis I would take C-USA over MVC any day. Not only for basketball but think about the improvment for baseball? Volleyball might be an opverall upgrade too.
                            In basketball, it would be a lateral move at best, maybe even a step down.

I just don't think of Marshall and Southern Miss as "conference rivals".
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I've been thinking about scheduling issues a lot lately. In light of how well our shox are playing to start this season and yet getting, and deservedly so, no national recognition. If we had a better schedule up to this point then we should/would be getting that recognition, possibly crack the top 25, and have a better chance of an at-large bid.

Can someone with more expertise than me explain why we don't seek to schedule more competitive games with other "mid-major" programs? I mean we're all in the same boat, and we only hurt ourselves by scheduling the dregs of DI. So why doesn't Marshall make buddies in the Mountain West, A10, CUSA, and West Coast Conf, and start getting some 1 and 1 series set up with programs from these conferences? It's a win/win for both sides.

This Tulsa series is definitely a step in the right direction, but we need to get similar series set up with two or three more programs with similar standing, imo, and of course continue to court the "big boys" whenever we can.
                              "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                              -- Pele

Comment

Working...
                              X