Channelsurfing.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some thoughts on this.

As long as the ShockerVision product is being pirated on sites like channelsurfing.net there is risk in spending resources to improve it. I know that if I was trying to create or improve a product I expect people to purchase I wouldn't do it if those potential customers are just going to go somewhere else to get it for free.

I'm not sure if I agree that a free (legal) product is the best way to go. I know that if I was able to see all the home games for free I might not shell out for season tickets due to the drive and depending on finances. I suspect that is the wisdom by the athletic department (and NCAA), as well. There is also the possibility that the NCAA won't allow free distribution of games. You know how controlling they are.

What they ought to do with SV, if they're going to improve it, is make it a full blown broadcast. Separate feed, score/stat graphics and commercial advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
      Yeah, but Fever, what if WSU Athletics wanted to go after Shockernet (which means me personally) because SN is complicit with the illegal use of their product? I'd rather not go down that road. Best way I can think of to accomplish that is to not have any actual links or direct references to those links.
      I'm pretty sure you do not have to worry.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Fair enough. I'm a Shockernet subscriber living out of the market (Reno, NV). I've used both the aforementioned site and Shockervision in certain scenarios (Cleveland State for example). I'm glad they're both available and will continue to use both. I won't be posting any links.

Edit: I have had some good response to my polite emails to the Shockervision folks. I noticed that they archived the TCU game. I think they will going forward. I got the impression from the email that the earlier games are a lost cause.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          I think people are blowing things a bit out of proportion with this.

There are dozens upon dozens of ESPN/CBS games that are on channelsurfing every week. How come neither one of those giants are going after them?

It's the nature of the beast.. the beast being the internet. Once the door is open, you might as well just go right in, cuz it ain't closing.
          my guess would be because the number of viewers is probably so small compared to there actual viewers on the broadcast version who cares. And besides if there is anyone watching ,, they still get the eyeballs on advertisements, which is what mot broadcast shows are about anyways reaching a Market.

Any clue as to how many subscribers there actually are to SV ?
          If there was a large enough market I'm sure Advertisers would be interested , and that would make the idea of just providing it on the web for free even more appealing ,, but since we are talking About WSU and Not Duke ,,just how big a market do you really think it is??

Oh and for the record, since I have season tickets , and have only been in the state for 1 game this yr , I am glad that Channel surf is there, even tho it's not exactly a great way of watching the game it's better than nothing . and no I wont pay for SV it's not even about there quality of product , it's about how well I can stream it on the road thru an air card, usually not very well. thank god the 1330 audio broadcast is almost always good. :yahoo: :goshocks:
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

I guess this thread made someone decide to not stream it tonight :(

Comment

yaa I was hopin ,,,oh well
              From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Working...
              X