No announcement yet.

Games of Interest: Week of 12/13 - 12/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add to the misery, if anyone thought that UNI's loss to DePaul on a neutral court earlier in the season wasn't that bad, DePaul just lost at home to (now) 2-8 American U.

Comment

They'll probably catch on fire like we did during the stretch of the Valley schedule.

Comment

Bradley is awful. Illinois State is not looking good. sCUm can't even get their swagger back to teams like Savannah State.

This conference sucks.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

5th place?????

:roll:
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

What place they take will depend when they catch fire. We waited until we had lost 6 games in a row in conference for an 0-6 record. The fact that we were able to salvage such a terrible start is amazing. If they begin with a better record than 0-6, they may be in a much better position. We'll have to wait and see what happens. However, there is some individual talent on both teams which is a good place to start. However, right now, they're teams are not good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
              Bradley is awful. Illinois State is not looking good. sCUm can't even get their swagger back to teams like Savannah State.

This conference sucks.
              I wouldn't go so far as to say that Bradley is awful. Look at the records of the 4 teams they lost to:

BYU (8-1)
              Oklahoma State (8-1)
              Western Carolina (10-1)
              Loyola Chicago (7-2)

Right now, I have a hard time knowing how bad or good Bradley is.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

This conference sucks.
                I wouldn't go so far as to say that Bradley is awful. Look at the records of the 4 teams they lost to:

BYU (8-1)
                Oklahoma State (8-1)
                Western Carolina (10-1)
                Loyola Chicago (7-2)

Valley teams shouldn't be losing to Southern teams and Horizon teams on their HOME floors. Maybe I have too big of a Valley ego, but that's how I feel.. especially with Bradley supposedly being a mid-tier team. Now Evansville and Drake.. it sucks, but I could see it happening. But Bradley?

Western Carolina and Loyola will finish with 200+ RPI's. I don't think either will be too good.

You bring up a decent point, but I just don't think a team blowing 10+ point leads late in the second half to inferior level opponents is very promising... especially back-to-back at HOME.

For now, I'm calling them awful. ... or maybe awfully inconsistent.. which is just about as bad.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

This conference sucks.

BYU (8-1)
                  Oklahoma State (8-1)
                  Western Carolina (10-1)
                  Loyola Chicago (7-2)

Valley teams shouldn't be losing to Southern teams and Horizon teams on their HOME floors. Maybe I have too big of a Valley ego, but that's how I feel.. especially with Bradley supposedly being a mid-tier team. Now Evansville and Drake.. it sucks, but I could see it happening. But Bradley?

Western Carolina and Loyola will finish with 200+ RPI's. I don't think either will be too good.

You bring up a decent point, but I just don't think a team blowing 10+ point leads late in the second half to inferior level opponents is very promising... especially back-to-back at HOME.

For now, I'm calling them awful. ... or maybe awfully inconsistent.. which is just about as bad.
                  Just for the record, according to Warren Nolan Western Carolina and Loyola Chicago are doing ok for themselves in the rpi.

Western Carolina is currently #18 in the rpi and Loyola is #38 (before the win at Bradley). I don't know where they will end up for sure, but rpiforecast.com projects Western Carolina to finish at #75 in the rpi and Loyola Chicago to finish at #182.

Remember, Western Carolina beat Louisville at Louisville as well and has only lost to Texas. Loyola is clearly a worse loss than the other three and does hurt the conference, but the others are not looking so bad.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

How can Bradley lose a game where they shot 10 of 19 from 3 ( 52.6% ) and have 5 more steals? :shock:

Well the answer is free throws and rebounding:

:cry: Bradley shot 50% there ( 9 - 18 ) while Loyola made most of theirs 18-23 ( .783 ).

:cry: They were also out rebounded by 11. In fact Bradley only got 3 offensive rebounds in the game.

Loyola is not a strong rebounding team either. They have been out rebounded by the likes of San Francisco and Canisius.

Comment

Not really a game of interest, but Denzel Bowles led James Madison to a 78-57 win over Gardner-Webb tonight. 37 pts (17-25 FG 3-3 FT) and 15 rebounds in 32 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by sekshoxfan
                        Not really a game of interest, but Denzel Bowles led James Madison to a 78-57 win over Gardner-Webb tonight. 37 pts (17-25 FG 3-3 FT) and 15 rebounds in 32 minutes.
                        I had forgotten that he transferred at the semester break last year.

Comment

Wow, that is impressive. I figured he'd do well there, but not that well.

He had 14 points in his first game against E. Michigan.

Comment

He was a talent.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Captain Tad spanking the Sooners early 34-24.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                Captain Tad spanking the Sooners early 34-24.
                                :good:
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X