Marshall Presser on KGSO Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris thanks man.

I tried to listen to the last online dealy you guys aired but it wasnt working here for my work comp.

Either way stopping by the Shadow before the game sounds like a good idea. Does anybody know if they better service than The Cedar? I keed I keed.

3 hours of pregame shocker coverage is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Comment

I got the very distinct impression that Marshall does not exactly LIKE our exhibition games and would rather do as he has in the past with scrimmages. Apparently he feels he gets more coaching done and the team benefits more out of the scrimmages than exhibition games against lesser opponents.

Comment

Its a double edged sword kinda thing though.

Do you really learn much from going out a beating up on a team that realistically shouldnt beat you nor come close to you.

But at the same time its good to get guys in a "game" flow as well as situations etc.

Hey maybe since they wont play us when it counts maybe Bill Self wouldnt mind doing a scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Do you really learn much from going out a beating up on a team that realistically shouldnt beat you nor come close to you.

But at the same time its good to get guys in a "game" flow as well as situations etc.

Hey maybe since they wont play us when it counts maybe Bill Self wouldnt mind doing a scrimmage.
          Now THAT is a thought.

Comment

Whether it's a one-time game in Lawrence, an exhibition game, or even a scrimmage, I would be willing to guess that the true bird would still represent the University of Kansas -

bawk, bawk, bawwwwk..
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You might also want to throw in 10,500 paid butts in the seats as revenue as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                I got the very distinct impression that Marshall does not exactly LIKE our exhibition games and would rather do as he has in the past with scrimmages. Apparently he feels he gets more coaching done and the team benefits more out of the scrimmages than exhibition games against lesser opponents.
                The key word to remember is "revenue." It comes to about $300,000.

Comment

just a FYI you can view the video over on that one channel's website that I wont name because they have a complete jackass on their weekend show.

Comment

Not knowing Wichita stations, I wish you would name it so I could watch.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Not knowing Wichita stations, I wish you would name it so I could watch.
                      KAKE News On Your Side | Wichita | Kansas | Breaking News, Weather and Sports
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
                        You might also want to throw in 10,500 paid butts in the seats as revenue as well.
                        With the arena sold out via season tickets, the only additional revenue is from concessions, Shocker Locker sales, and maybe a little more advertising.

It's only an increase in revenue if they would charge less for season tickets if there were no exhibition games. And I doubt that would be the case.

In fact, it could be a net loss when you have to pay parking people, video crew, statisticians, pep band, etc.

Comment

Marshall is 194-83 overall as a head coach.

That means he wins just over 70% of the games he's coached.

That's a pretty good number.

I would abosulutely take that number this year. It would put us at about 22 wins. Think it can happen?

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                            Marshall is 194-83 overall as a head coach.

That means he wins just over 70% of the games he's coached.

That's a pretty good number.

I would abosulutely take that number this year. It would put us at about 22 wins. Think it can happen?
                            Not only is it good, there is only 1 active coach with a better win %.

Comment

It CAN happen. It'll depend how quickly they put it together and how quickly Ehimen can work himself in and be a factor.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think predicting 22 wins is being extremely optimistic and I'd be thrilled if the team posted that number. Coach Marshall doesn't seem to be the type to engage in hyperbole, and he seemed pretty concerned about several aspects of this team, including physical play, toughness, and rebounding. Those are pretty big issues to overcome.

It may take a couple of seasons of his own recruits for him to get back to that 70% number. I hope not too many fans are expecting it this year.
                                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                                X