Texas Tech v. WSU - 12/19/09

Television Information:

Game: Texas Tech v. TCU
    Date: 12/8/09
    Time: 6:30 P.M., C.S.T.
    Network: Mountain (MTN)
    Television Channel: DirecTV channel 616
    Note: I tried to find the Cox channel, but without any luck
    Note: It appears that Dish Network does not carry MTN.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Another brilliant move by Elgin, setting up this series that is only televised on the Mountain West network.

Comment

Originally posted by giskard
      Another brilliant move by Elgin, setting up this series that is only televised on the Mountain West network.
      Did I miss something? Did Elgin Set up a TCU vs TT series? Not sure why he would be scheduling their games for them, but I could be wrong!

Comment

This got wrapped into the MW-MVC challenge. Elgin should have made sure that Valley fans could see the games.

I didn't see any of the games listed that were away games with TV. I can understand the WSU-TCU game not being aired since it is home for the valley team, but you would think at least some of the valley road games would be on FoxSports or some sort of local tv for the valley school.

Comment

So, Elgin has control over a TCU vs TT game as to whether it's on TV or not? That's what the original post on this thread was talking about.... I'm pretty sure TT vs TCU has nothing to do with the MVC/MWC challenge.

Comment

Think there is confustion here...the tv info that Ricky posted was for the TCU vs Tech game and not either of the WSU games...

Comment

YEah it took me a few times to read through it and I almost posted but then I understood what Mr Ricky was doing.

So if you're slow,

Texas Tech plays TCU on the 8th and its on Direct TV channel 616.

With that said, our game against TCU is not scheduled for TV. I personally dont know of any games that are scheduled for TV within the matchup which was supposed to be the point...to get noticed.

Comment

Then there should be no open seats at the chuck.

Comment

Does anyone know the current standings of the MW - MVC challenge? Seems like Bradley lost to BYU, MSU beat Air Force, somebody beat Colorado State. Haven't heard of any more... does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
                    Does anyone know the current standings of the MW - MVC challenge? Seems like Bradley lost to BYU, MSU beat Air Force, somebody beat Colorado State. Haven't heard of any more... does anyone know?
                    2 and 2 currently with home team winning each game:

SIU lost at UNLV 78-69
                    Bradley lost at BYU 70-60
                    Indiana State defeated Colorado State 65-60
                    MSU defeated Air Force 58-48

Games to play:

12/12: TCU @ WSU
                    12/19: Illinois State @ Utah
                    12/19: Creighton @ New Mexico
                    12/22: San Diego State @ Drake
                    12/23: Wyoming @ UNI

Not participating: Evansville

This series could go either way. UNI should beat Wyoming. San Diego State probably handles Drake. Creighton will have its hands full at New Mexico. ILS @ Utah and the TCU @ WSU may be the swing games that determine which way this goes.

Comment

Sorry for the television confusion.

I was hopeful that all three games would be picked up by a network, which is affiliated with folks like Cox, Dish and DirecTV.

I did not pursue internet-vision.

Anyway, I plan to record and watch the TT v. TCU game.

Nothing could be finer than WSU winning over TT and TCU.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I watched the TT v. TCU game tonight.

We have a good chance to beat TCU, but it is not a gimme.

I am not so sanguine about TT. If Tech is not off their game, they will give us a good tussle.

Some have characterized Tech as being a Big 12 bottom feeder. It may be so, but they are deep and athletic.

Mike Singletary is a real load for Tech. He is the guy, who scored 26 consecutive points in a game against TAMU in the Big 12 post season tournament last season. He is a 6-6 forward. He is very clever with his body in drawing contact. Since Ellis can be foul prone, I am not sure he will be chosen to guard him. So, it pretty much leaves Blair. If Ellis gets help, then maybe. I am not real sure how Coach Marshall will choose to guard him, but I am pretty sure he will figger it out.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio

I am not so sanguine about TT. If Tech is not off their game, they will give us a good tussle.

Some have characterized Tech as being a Big 12 bottom feeder. It may be so, but they are deep and athletic.

Mike Singletary is a real load for Tech. He is the guy, who scored 26 consecutive points in a game against TAMU in the Big 12 post season tournament last season. He is a 6-6 forward. He is very clever with his body in drawing contact. Since Ellis can be foul prone, I am not sure he will be chosen to guard him. So, it pretty much leaves Blair. If Ellis gets help, then maybe. I am not real sure how Coach Marshall will choose to guard him, but I am pretty sure he will figger it out.
                          Singletary plays the small forward for Tech, so Graham is most likely to get that assignment. Tech also starts a 6'7 forward (who Aaron should guard) and a 6'9" forward/center (who JT should get).
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

Singletary plays the small forward for Tech, so Graham is most likely to get that assignment. Tech also starts a 6'7 forward (who Aaron should guard) and a 6'9" forward/center (who JT should get).
                            If that's the case, Toure, DK, and possibly KJ could spend some defensive time on him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

Hatch cannot handle him alone. Too much height and too much muscle and too much ability to penetrate and finish.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X