Time to show up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to show up!

It's time for the paying public and the student body to show up give this Shocker team the support it deserves. We all know the Round House only rocks when the student section is full. I'm also unhappy that the fat cat seats are not filled. We have a great team in the making, good teams coming in, and great expectations to fulfill! :goshocks:
    "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
    Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Especially for the TCU and TT games. If Shox take care of business the Tech game is setting up huge with a potential ranked B12 team coming into our house.

Comment

100% agree. I was horribly disappointed at the attendance last night. Those that were there did their best to make noise. The student section was disappointing as well. Let's go people, get your cans out to the games and fill up those seats! This team has the potential to be special! :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
        Especially for the TCU and TT games. If Shox take care of business the Tech game is setting up huge with a potential ranked B12 team coming into our house.
        It's all speculation of course, but it plays out interestingly. Let's say Tech IS ranked when they come in. They've only played one or maybe 2 high quality opponents--by that time perhaps 3. The win last night was also on their home floor.

My point is, we MIGHT get the chance to play a team that is ranked, but not necessarily because they are all that strong, but more because of their record and one marque win. I like our chances in that scenerio--particularly on our home court!

There are still plenty of chances for TT to lay an egg here in the next 2 weeks, but you're right--it's looking interesting.

I hope TCU is a true step above who we've been playing lately, because I think we're going to need a stepping stone team to raise the bar to prepare us for TT. Going from Texas Southern and Alcorn State to a ranked Texas Tech is a pretty big leap in competition and might be tough to make well.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtupus
          100% agree. I was horribly disappointed at the attendance last night. Those that were there did their best to make noise. The student section was disappointing as well. Let's go people, get your cans out to the games and fill up those seats! This team has the potential to be special! :goshocks:
          Yup i agree, and everyone got there really late, with 2 min to go until tip off, it seriously was only half full, it got a little fuller at game time, but there were still plenty of missing seats, as for the student section, the normal guys there that are usually there are trying to hold it down, but yea we need some help. Hopefully the more wins we get, the fuller it gets, at least thats how wichita usually is.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by shockar25

There are still plenty of chances for TT to lay an egg here in the next 2 weeks, but you're right--it's looking interesting.
            they only have 1 other opponent until they play us, and i believe that is TCU.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              Originally posted by shockar25

they only have 1 other opponent until they play us, and i believe that is TCU.
              Wow... finals week must be playing a role, because there are still 2 weeks before that game between us.

That's good... TCU is hosting Tech though.... I guess either way, if TCU beats a ranked Tech team, and we beat them, it still looks good. I'd rather play a ranked Tech team HERE though!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

I blame myself. I missed my first home game since the ISU debacle when the kid stole the ball and hit a baseline jumper to win.

I apologize to Shocker Nation and pledge to do everything in my power to not miss a game for the remainder of the season.

Comment

I will say I missed the game last night, and left at half time Monday, but it is hard to watch bad basketball. Alcorn was so bad that WSU didn't run its offense, or defense in the first half...not fun to watch at all. When the schedule starts including games that are worth the dollars entertainment wise, people wills how up. That said, this team DOES deserve great support, they way they have been playing certainly warrants it, however the oposition does not.
                  -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker
                    I will say I missed the game last night, and left at half time Monday, but it is hard to watch bad basketball. Alcorn was so bad that WSU didn't run its offense, or defense in the first half...not fun to watch at all. When the schedule starts including games that are worth the dollars entertainment wise, people wills how up. That said, this team DOES deserve great support, they way they have been playing certainly warrants it, however the oposition does not.
                    I'm at a loss here to understand your reasoning. If the team, OUR TEAM,
                    deserves great support and the opposition doesn't warrant it why would you not attend, and when you do, leave early to register your non support of the quality of the opposition rather than support for the SHOX. This makes less sense to me than my run on sentence.

Comment

This is my first year ever with season tickets, so maybe I'm too new to e jaded, but...

...I stick around to watch how the reserves are coming along. I know Williams and Manigault are going to get some minutes and I want to see how they're doing.

I'm aware of the level of competition and often WSU's reserves will be facing the reserves of lesser teams, but there are some thing some players need that are more dependent on the player than on the competition.

Manigault is slowly making progress and playing better under control. He can hit FT's, so that gives some hope for him to develop a mid-range offensive game. Williams is becoming more steady and consistent in his minutes. He's also gaining confidence.

The progress of those two players could mean a difference of a couple of spots in the final Valley standings. We're going to need them sooner or later. The progress they make now is vital to their performance later.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

As I stated in the game thread ...

There was enough in the game to get the crowd really rockin' but it never happened. For whatever reason, the energy from the crowd was very poor. I guess since the game was put away pretty early, folks just sat back and watched, but there was A LOT to be excited about. Also, despite 10,237 announced, I'd estimate maybe 8,000 actual attendance - pitiful. I hope you people are storing up your energy for TCU and TTU - we're going to need to bring our 'A' game vs. those teams and let them know THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!

Go Shocks!
                        Let me re-iterate ... P I T I F U L crowd last night. The basketball was not bad - far from it. Give your tickets away if you can't come.

WAKE UP SHOCKER FANS ... this team (players AND coaches) is showing us something this season. Let's reward them for their hard work.

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I will say something for my row -- Rarely does anyone leave early. I can't remember the last time my seat mates left early.

Unfortunately I do remember the last time I left early (Creighton game, overtime, Matty B game winner with 5 seconds left on clock). I was late for an appointment that afternoon (because of the length of the game with overtime and all) and just could not stay longer. Was on my way up the hill to the parking lot when I heard the roar, looked back at CKA and SWEAR the roof lifted a foot in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                            I will say something for my row -- Rarely does anyone leave early. I can't remember the last time my seat mates left early.

Unfortunately I do remember the last time I left early (Creighton game, overtime, Matty B game winner with 5 seconds left on clock). I was late for an appointment that afternoon (because of the length of the game with overtime and all) and just could not stay longer. Was on my way up the hill to the parking lot when I heard the roar, looked back at CKA and SWEAR the roof lifted a foot in the air.
                            Just for the record, that game was an 8:00pm tipoff. I don't think it got over til around 10:15. I dunno what appointment you had around 10:15 at night.. :lol:

I will admit, it's hard to get up for games against these types of teams. The outcome is already predetermined, even before tipoff. No, I don't come to see the opponents, I come to see the Shox. But honestly, it's hard watching such sloppiness, because I do feel the sloppiness of these teams affects WSU.

The crowd was apathetic for much of the game last night. Granted, in the first half anyways, the Shocks weren't giving anybody much to be happy about. I dunno how many more traveling calls or weak whistles I could take. It is hard to make an atmosphere with that crap.

What I don't understand is a half EMPTY student section. FREE tickets go unused is a disgrace. Paging Mr. Fastbow..
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

What I don't understand is a half EMPTY student section. FREE tickets go unused is a disgrace. Paging Mr. Fastbow..
                              yup i agree as a fellow student i am discouraged by the student attendance, I will say the department has done a terrible job of advertising around campus to get student to go to the game. Usually there are signs around campus saying to get ur free tickets to the next men basketball games, i havent seen one sign, but i may be looking in the wrong places.

Comment

Working...
                              X