Stephen Bardo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Bardo

I have a tough time lining up MK with the tv a lot.. and plus there isn't a radio near my tv..

So in that regard, I was extremely impressed with Mr. Bardo, the color analyst for both our games. He talked about us more than Pitt or Iowa it seemed. Gave us lots of love and a lot of talking time. As I type this, he continues giving us and the Valley props in the Texas-Pitt game.

Just thought he deserved a mention as I'm used to hearing horrible, pro-BCS garbage from ESPN commentators.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Re: Stephen Bardo

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    I have a tough time lining up MK with the tv a lot.. and plus there isn't a radio near my tv..

So in that regard, I was extremely impressed with Mr. Bardo, the color analyst for both our games. He talked about us more than Pitt or Iowa it seemed. Gave us lots of love and a lot of talking time. As I type this, he continues giving us and the Valley props in the Texas-Pitt game.

Just thought he deserved a mention as I'm used to hearing horrible, pro-BCS garbage from ESPN commentators.
    I agree. He seemed very fair and balanced.

Comment

The coverage was pretty darned good; both nights.

Comment

Shame we couldnt get Billy Packer and Jim Nance! :D 8) :posterwsu:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I think Nancy was doing her hair last night. ;-) :D
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not all that impressed with Bardo. First time (I think) that I have heard him work. He was extremely complimentary about the Shox, tho. That was refreshing.

Comment

I also thought he did a very good job complimenting the Shocks.

Comment

Bardo is awesome!! He has done several Valley broadcasts over the past couple of seasons and is always complimentary and knowledgable. I think it has alot to do with the fact that he grew up in Carbondale and played for the Illini.

Comment

He bothered me by not realizing Hatch was a lefty and by his negative comments about Garrett shooting a three in the Pitt game. Apparently he didn't do his research or pay attention at all.

With that said, he was very complimentary of the Valley and the Shox.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nobody's gonna be perfect. I think he is about as good as we are gonna get.

Comment

I thought we got a tremendous amount of "non-action" TV time. The shots of HCGM's pre-game speech, in the huddle...etc. I didn't notice any of that for the other teams.

I also heard HCGM comment on the Iowa post-game show about the referee's being an ACC crew and made some positive remarks about TM being big time.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
                        I thought we got a tremendous amount of "non-action" TV time. The shots of HCGM's pre-game speech, in the huddle...etc. I didn't notice any of that for the other teams.

I also heard HCGM comment on the Iowa post-game show about the referee's being an ACC crew and made some positive remarks about TM being big time.

The pregame speech before the Pitt game was disturbing for me. Hearing Marshall use words on national TV like "we've never beaten a Big East team" as motivation was like nails on a chalkboard for me. I'm sure when he said "we" he meant our current team, but it sounded so midmajorish and over exuberant. Most viewers would have interpreted "we" as saying we have never beaten a Big East team period. In point of fact, I'm pretty proud of our recent record against Big East teams.

Comment

Mr. Bardo was very impressed with Murry. He said that he thought Murry could play at the next level.

Comment

I thought he was great on both games. Not perfect, but very balanced and generally knowledgeable. I hope he does some of our other ESPNU/2 games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE
                              Originally posted by moshock

The pregame speech before the Pitt game was disturbing for me. Hearing Marshall use words on national TV like "we've never beaten a Big East team" as motivation was like nails on a chalkboard for me. I'm sure when he said "we" he meant our current team, but it sounded so midmajorish and over exuberant. Most viewers would have interpreted "we" as saying we have never beaten a Big East team period. In point of fact, I'm pretty proud of our recent record against Big East teams.
                              I agree with you, to an extent. I don't think the Shox should have had the cameras in the locker room at all. Anything Marshall says is either going to be misconstrued, or potentially used against the team in the future.

In that situation for Marshall, it's either deliver a Vince Lombardi speech, or it's going to come off looking goofy.

Lose/Lose in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X