Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Around the MVC: Pitt vs WSU / Iowa vs WSU

SIU

Wichita St plays better defense than us but boy is there offense sloppy and out of control!

WSU looks awful.

That tall white guy stinks.

ISU (Red)

WSU didn't look very smooth on the offensive end. They had the length to stay competitive, but at this point in the season the edges looked a little rough.

SWMO
    Why does it look like there are fewer Shox fans at a game in KC than at the Valley play-in round in St. Louis?

Wichita has some pretty good talent,but not much depth...

The Valley looks like it sucks, let's take advantage.

Omaha Community College

I hate gregg marshall an unbelievable amount.

The Shockers don't look very good...Yikes.

Originally posted by Matt Perrault
    I'm not sure I'd say the Shockers are a bad team. Pitt is very young so I would agree that the performance wasn't very good but if you look at their pieces - they scare me. I might even have to push them up to No. 2 in the league behind the Jays after watching them tonight and UNI's loss to Depaul. BC is awful and Depaul isn't good either...

Turray is a player. The 7-footer looks better - Durley is going to be a problem for a lot of teams. WSU is long, athletic, and tough. They are going to be a team to watch but the effort tonight was disappointing.
    Oops, glad I didn't bet it. Perimeter D was awfull. I would bench Kyles. Hatch isn't a 30 minute guy. TM was TM. They quit feeding the ball to Durley.

ISU (Blue)

-none-

Bradley

-none-

Drake

None could be found. Being in the abyss has taken its toll.

UNI
    Dissapointing finish to this game...

Evansville

-none-

Any follow-up from the Iowa game?

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
      Just got back from KC...my observation would be that Iowa could very well be THE worst team in D1 basketball, they can make any team look good.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
        Just got back from KC...my observation would be that Iowa could very well be THE worst team in D1 basketball, they can make any team look good.
        You haven't seen Alcorn State play yet
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

From after the Iowa game:

SIU

I'll tell you what, this Toure' Murry kid is a real player. He could easily be 1st team all MVC as a Soph. He's going to be a tough matchup for anyone.

Wichita should be a top 4 MVC team. Will we be?

I thought Wichita looked slow against Pitt...but tonight they were running their system with confidence.

ISU (Red)

No way WSU wins; Iowa takes them out like a cheap date.

Iowa and Drake maybe a game that defines the worst D1 program in Iowa!

SWMO

Screw Wichita, go Hawkeyes!

Yeah, I saw some footage on the Wichita game and they look pretty good. Looks like they play a running game too.

Murry is a handful, and they are deep and athletic. They'll finish upper half. Garrett Stutz looked really good...they have fontcourt depth, backcourt stars, and role players.

Good team...

Omaha Community College

Hell of a first half for WSU vs. Iowa. Stutz has 16 points including 2 3's and a bunch of layups, hook shots and put backs....if he plays like this in the Valley - look out.... (Matt Perrault)

ISU (Blue)

-none-

Bradley

-none-

Drake

UNI

WSU has some creators and shooters on their team, along with a 7-foot dude. what were they picked preseason?

Evansville

-none-

Comment

Or NJIT. They won 1 game in two seasons in D1 level of play.

Comment

I agree Iowa isn't that good, but they were tied with Texas at half and still within 10 with 7-8 minutes left in the game.

They may very well finish last in the Big-10, but Indiana and Penn St. aren't much better.

Comment

So did you keep drinking all the way back to Wichita or are you still drinking. Sometimes I really wonder about you moose. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
                  So did you keep drinking all the way back to Wichita or are you still drinking. Sometimes I really wonder about you moose. ;-)
                  Me? None for me, I had to drive back late last night. It was a fun trip.

Comment

I tried to yell at you slutbags from my skybox, but you wouldn't turn around. Yeah, that's right. I'm an elitist snob who knows a guy who works at Pepsi. I should have thrown one of my free chicken wings at you.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
                      I tried to yell at you slutbags from my skybox, but you wouldn't turn around. Yeah, that's right. I'm an elitist snob who knows a guy who works at Pepsi. I should have thrown one of my free chicken wings at you.
                      Did the skybox smell of rich mahogany?

Comment

Originally posted by MTXE
                        Did the skybox smell of rich mahogany?
                        And have Many Leather bound books in it?
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I couldn"t hear you either. But maybe it was because i was sitting in the front row :D
                          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

How do I put this? I'm kind of a big deal. Your front row seat did not come with free beer and chicken wings. And hookers. Perhaps I made that last part up.

Comment

How do I put this? I'm kind of a big deal. Your front row seat did not come with free beer and chicken wings. And hookers. Perhaps I made that last part up.
                              or, perhaps, you didn't?

Comment

Working...
                              X