What band was that???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What band was that???

Ok, I'm a reformed band geek, I admit it.

However, I thought no bands were permitted? Also, I know our pep band director isn't even in KC, but yet I heard our fight song and saw SOME band there on TV. What was that--a ringer band or something? Did they hire a local band to play tunes for both teams? If so, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why not just let the WSU and Pitt bands play?

Did anyone notice that too? It just seemed strange to me.

Due to the bands luckluster performance at the last game it was deemed they were unfit to perform and hence "redshirted"

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      Due to the bands luckluster performance at the last game it was deemed they were unfit to perform and hence "redshirted"

Now that's funny!

Comment

According to the "Rush the Court" blogger, KC Wyandotte's band was the "Pitt" band. He also said WSU's pep band was there.

Comment

Wow... I have the current WSU pep band director in a class and he was here tonight, not in KC--in fact, the band was playing a WSU women's home game. I didn't think they had 2 bands, but I could be wrong.

Comment

That wasn't the WSU pep band. The have local high school bands for all 4 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
              That wasn't the WSU pep band. The have local high school bands for all 4 schools.
              Well, that explains it, but it's still stupid not to let the schools send their own bands. That's part of what college basketball is about. No offense to the local HS bands, but they shouldn't be there.

Ok, I'll get over it, but that's just not right.

Comment

Band on the Run...
                Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                  I noticed that it was Kansas City Schlagle's band performing for Texas. They did well, but I'm certain they weren't up to major university standards. The kids seemed to enjoy it though.

Comment

"Our band" was better looking than Pitts band. :clap:

Comment

Re: What band was that???

Originally posted by shockar25
                      Ok, I'm a reformed band geek, I admit it.

However, I thought no bands were permitted? Also, I know our pep band director isn't even in KC, but yet I heard our fight song and saw SOME band there on TV. What was that--a ringer band or something? Did they hire a local band to play tunes for both teams? If so, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why not just let the WSU and Pitt bands play?

Did anyone notice that too? It just seemed strange to me.
                      I went to this thing when it was still the Guardians back in 05 (Saw Iowa vs Texas, ironically). I remember they hired a local HS band to play. They were terrible.
                      MSUBearNation.com

Comment

I have been to a few of the UMKC home games, and I believe they use the KC Schlagle (sp) band for their pep band. Not much quality but a lot of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
                          "Our band" was better looking than Pitts band. :clap:
                          Don't try and tell me you didn't like the obscure dancing people in the front. That was the second most heinous thing I saw last night, right after the call on the blocked shot.

Comment

I was sitting fairly close to the "WSU Band" and I thought I noticed several of them sporting Letter Jackets from Wichita West High School...unless there is a KC-area school with the same colors and monogram.

Comment

I was over and behind "our band" and I thought they were a high school band. But then I saw "Pitt's" band and they had Pitt all over them so I was rather confused but I'm confused easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X