Commence bitching.....

but wait....

HCGM is voting in this poll.

UNI 4
    BJs 7
    ISU Red 16
    Ugly Dawgs 32
    Shocks 34

Like most of you, I don't care much for the mid-major title. I do like the idea of giving recognition to good teams that aren't part of the BCS system and deserve the recognition. Maybe it could be called the non BCS poll. No, make it the non BS poll. That's much more appropriate.

Comment

That poll made me laugh so much!
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

That poll makes me...

SFL is back!

Comment

It doesn't surprise me all that much. We still have a lot to prove, and as long as we're high on that list at the END of the season, the beginning is all speculation anyway and means zero.

Comment

I don't care where we are on this list. Never have and never will. This one means absolutely nothing
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Radford??
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I have no problem with a Mid Major top 25 poll, only this ain't it!

Just what other conferences listed here does the MVC want to compare itself to? Eventhough I believe the West Coast, Sun, Colonial, and Horizon are good mid major conferences, they're not the Atlantic 10, C-USA, MWC, and WAC conferences who are conspicuously missing from this poll. Those conferences don't want to be associated with a majority of the ones here.

Yes, I'm sounding a bit like a BCS elitist here, but this is the problem with the MVC and why I don't like it. It will never be the type of conference it says it aspires to be, football or no football, if it continues to think at the level of this poll. I have had the same problem with the Bracket Busters.

I thought with the new agreement with the MWC, we were heading in the right direction, but we still seem to have a self-image problem.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

When we were in the oblivion, being on this poll may have been like finally seeing a light at the end of a long long tunnel.

Now, not so much.

But then again, I guess the 'real' polls that had us in the top 10 weren't so 'right' either....

But it was fun at the time!
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                    I have no problem with a Mid Major top 25 poll, only this ain't it!

Just what other conferences listed here does the MVC want to compare itself to? Eventhough I believe the West Coast, Sun, Colonial, and Horizon are good mid major conferences, they're not the Atlantic 10, C-USA, MWC, and WAC conferences who are conspicuously missing from this poll. Those conferences don't want to be associated with a majority of the ones here.

Yes, I'm sounding a bit like a BCS elitist here, but this is the problem with the MVC and why I don't like it. It will never be the type of conference it says it aspires to be, football or no football, if it continues to think at the level of this poll. I have had the same problem with the Bracket Busters.

I thought with the new agreement with the MWC, we were heading in the right direction, but we still seem to have a self-image problem.

:wsu_posters:
                    True statement.

There are more low majors receiving votes in that poll than mid majors. The name of the poll is a lie.

Which makes this poll even more worthless.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                    X