No announcement yet.

cbs sportsline post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though it is not technically illegal, wouldn't it kind of suck to know that two of your National Championships were actually won by players who you got on the team by hiring their Dad to be an "assistant coach" for the team. If that's not buying a recruit then the sun rises in the West. But Prez said it best, the deck is stacked in many ways. I never cared about winning a race in which I had a huge head start.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      I only post this so we can openly mock.

Anyway, enjoy this upcoming season...and mid major fans....dont bother posting trash talking.....because I wont be answering.

Not worth it.
      Feel free to tear it apart...
      No thank you. “Not worth it” is right on.

However, you know what I love? It is when someone asserts a rambling, poorly formulated and largely incoherent argument – and then….drum roll…flees the scene.

Query: A standard debate tactic taught at the “Harvard” of the mid-west? :roll:

Comment

This is how much I care...

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
          Query: A standard debate tactic taught at the “Harvard” of the mid-west? :roll:
          The poster sounds like a sidewalk alumni, at least to me.

A KU alum would be the first to make that known before laying smack on another school. He/She would never think of calling themselves a mere "fan"- that's for the proletariat.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
            This is how much I care...

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
              I never cared about winning a race in which I had a huge head start.
              Nice - :good:

BCS schools = HUGE Head Start

But somehow, some way, every year...a Mid-Major beats 'em.
              Who doesn't pull for the underdog? Gotta lov 'em!

GO SHOCKS!!! :clap:
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

If you want to see what a sham the BCS is in all respects, just watch what they do to TCU and Boise State in football this year.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
                  If you want to see what a sham the BCS is in all respects, just watch what they do to TCU and Boise State in football this year.
                  :yes:

Comment

From some guy on that site named "CR8N JJJ"

This whole BCS/mid-major argument is always taken off course. No mid-major fans are saying their team could win a BCS conference. Nor could a BCS team walk into a mid-major and automatically go undefeated...as they sit they would win the conference in all liklihood, but it wouldn't be the cakewalk they think. (And these are the most common arguments for BCS schills) First if that happened the roster on either side wouldn't be the same. A mid-major school like Creighton playing in the Big XII would be able to recruit a different bunch of kids. They would have some blue chippers and the 'recruiting star' rating of their roster would be much better. And Kansas in the Valley wouldn't have ANY of the blue-chippers they currently have. They'd be resorting to the same bunch of good college players with little NBA hope as the mid-majors now have. Their center would be 6-7. etc etc etc So right off the bat that whole apples-to-oranges comparison is a slanted argument that isn't even a realistic point, but those arguing can't get it through their heads. But if you think these top mid-majors would finish at the bottom with the Colorado's of the world then you're ignoring what is going on in college basketball.

The mid-majors 'whining' is that if given a reasonable shot to play the big boys they can hold their own for an idividual game here and there. And they do that in March when we have a Davidson, Mason, SIU, Wichita, etc making it to the 2nd weekend. A national championship is not their realistic goal. It's to have an opportunity to show that they can play with the big boys. Most of the people want to watch the little guys competing. It's why the ratings of the tournament decline about half each weekend in March. Most of the 'fans' (who aren't diehards but are casual fans) want to watch the upsets and could care less about watching the BCS teams play each other.

Sure Creighton's schedule is far weaker than you'd like to see, but they can't get anyone worth a salt to play them for the exact reasons you stated. About 10-15 years ago Creighton had annual home-homes with Iowa, Ioaw St, and Oklahoma St. Then Altman started winning 3 of 4 years against each of them and the big boys stopped playing Creighton...because all it offered was trouble with no upside. They lose to Creighton and it's a bad loss and effects their seeding/bubble. They beat Creighton and it's a 'you're supposed to beat Creighton' situation that gave them nothing. So there is no reason for them to continue to do it. Most of the BCS schools won't play the quality mid-majors even in a one and done on the BCS home court. There are exceptions but it usually involves more than meets the eye. Indiana went to SIU, but to get that SIU had to play @Indiana the year before...AND throw their I-AA football team under the bus by playing a football game at Indiana for virtually no appearance fee. You think Bill Self would play Creighton in Fogg Allen even if Creighton would come for no cost? Not happening. They might wind up in a tourney playing each other but that's about the only chance they good mid-majors have of playing solid BCS schools.

Comment

Same Guy, but everyone calls him an idiot, typical Ku Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Snow
                        Same Guy, but everyone calls him an idiot, typical Ku Idiot

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/message...942#ID17810942
                        SFL is back!

Comment

66-65 :D

Comment

54-49 :D

Comment

Working...
                            X