Clear All

Originally posted by Smooth007
    Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
    church's chicken?
    chicken salad?
    Salad dressing?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Let's not discuss religion or politics on a Basketball forum, okay?
      Where this discussion was heading I agree. The topic is "team bonding" and religion and politics does play into how a team bonds. Too much politicing among the group can divide it and too much religious intolerance can make walls go up between players. On a positive side, faith or religion can create the strongsest bond among the players and coaches than anything else. A great example is the Sweet 16 team, several players attended a team Bible study led by Cameron Ledford and created that type of bond. I do wonder to what degree religious faith is impacting this year's squad and their successful bonding.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
        Originally posted by Snapshot9
        Let's not discuss religion or politics on a Basketball forum, okay?
        Where this discussion was heading I agree. The topic is "team bonding" and religion and politics does play into how a team bonds. Too much politicing among the group can divide it and too much religious intolerance can make walls go up between players. On a positive side, faith or religion can create the strongsest bond among the players and coaches than anything else. A great example is the Sweet 16 team, several players attended a team Bible study led by Cameron Ledford and created that type of bond. I do wonder to what degree religious faith is impacting this year's squad and their successful bonding.
        Excellent point l777. :good:
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
          I do wonder to what degree religious faith is impacting this year's squad and their successful bonding.
          Hmmm, good question.

Hatch - Devout Mormon
          Couisnard - Both parents are ministers (presumably Christian)
          Mekel - Jewish by nationality but practicing? I don't know

Those are the only players I know with any degree of publicity about their religion. At their core, those religions don't mix very well, but do have some commonality.

I know Wilson and Bradley were involved last year and the year before, so I don't know if that has had any residual effect.

Comment

The team getting along well is very good news. It appeared some of our problems last year came from that not happening. If I was a fan our future opponent, UAB, I wouldn't feel good about the upcoming season. They have good transfers and freshmen, but fighting among themselves is a sign they will not live up to their potential. To have a great year we will need to play up to our full ability. As I expected from Coach Marshall, he has them going in the right direction.
            In the fast lane

Comment

wow...a thread with both church AND michelles' beach house references....

no chance of throwing in a BTK nugget?

Comment

I heard from a relative of one of the players that the talk about how well the team gets along isn't just bs, and that these guys really like hanging out and that the team chemistry is great.

Comment

Although it's important to have good will among players in October, it isn't as important as having it in January, February & March. If I remember correctly, last year's team was getting along well last October.

Comment

Originally posted by kssoak
                    Although it's important to have good will among players in October, it isn't as important as having it in January, February & March. If I remember correctly, last year's team was getting along well last October.
                    But the rumored source of the chemistry problems is no longer here.

Comment

I was hoping the "church's chicken", "chicken salad", "salad dressing" theme would go a bit longer. I was hoping to work it into "super glue".

My favorite "male bonding" story of all time happened at Boeing. One guy had a 15-minute break and 2 things to do. One required sitting on a toilet. The other required using super glue to reattach a feather to a cowboy hat.

In true multitasking greatness, these were done simultaneously. An overly generous application of super glue dripped off the hat and onto some areas of skin that were only exposed by the requirement to be sitting on a toilet with pants pulled down.

The guy who achieved the greatest male bonding of all time was allowed to leave work on "sick leave", but it was reported it took him a long time to get to his car taking steps that covered 2" at a time across the parking lot.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

:lol: @ Aargh

I'm just glad we are fans of a school that doesn't have to worry that a topic titled "team bonding" is a reference to the legal system!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          :lol: @ Aargh

I'm just glad we are fans of a school that doesn't have to worry that a topic titled "team bonding" is a reference to the legal system!
                          Like UAB?
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                          X