Perroult's picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perroult's picks

Big surprise here, Matt P. calls Marshall the most unpopular coach in the MVC!

"The most unpopular coach in the MVC might become the most hated by the end of his run but that doesn't mean Gregg won't win," was part of his comments when picking the Shockers to come in 3rd in the MVC this year. He also believes TM will have a big year.

Also no surprise is his pick of Creighton #1 followed by UNI.
    In the fast lane

That he picked CU over UNI invalidates the rest of his picks, in my opinion.

He's just trolling for subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Douche
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Re: Perroult's picks

Originally posted by tropicalshox
        Matt P. calls Marshall the most unpopular coach in the MVC!

Perhaps, but I don't think there is any doubt as to whom the most hated board moderator is.

Comment

That he picked CU over WSU invalidates the rest of his picks, in my opinion.

Fixed it.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I like that we're not the favorite. Remember in our great run in '06 we were picked FIFTH and look what happened. We can just concentrate on what we need to without the pressure of Valley-wide or nationwide expectations, and use the lack of respect by people like this guy as a motivator.

It's going to be a very good season, and next season is going to be a GREAT one. That's my prediction anyway and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't understand why some people don't want to be in the spotlight? Isn't the goal to be the hunted and have nation wide respect and still prevail? Doing that is the only way WSU becomes what most of us want
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sub has a great point about being chased as opposed to being the chaser.

You want the team to stand out rather than to blend in and I would dare to say that Marshall would rather have it that way, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  I don't understand why some people don't want to be in the spotlight? Isn't the goal to be the hunted and have nation wide respect and still prevail? Doing that is the only way WSU becomes what most of us want
                  I absolutely want to be the hunted -- once we've reached that goal!

Many fear that "over expections" by the outside can lead to nothing good, and at best, a break even situation.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Yep, but I think we all would agree that what we want is not necessarily what the team is ready for--YET. In time, I'd agree 100%, but we're a very young team still, and often young+national pressure=meltdown.

That isn't to say I wouldn't be thrilled to more respected and highly ranked. I'm just trying to make a positive out of the current situation, which it is.

Comment

Don't forget, we were the hunted in 2006-07. That didn't work out too well in the end. But I understand the point. The publicity and respect we were getting in December '06 was incredible. But by the same token, if you don't keep winning, you fall from grace very quickly.

Comment

Matt P is to sports reporting as Ed Hardy/Affliction is to fashion.

Comment

But by the same token, if you don't keep winning, you fall from grace very quickly.
                          Like a lead balloon.

I live for the day that we get that kind of national respect regularly--like a Gonzaga or other mid-major elite but sadly we're not there yet. We're well on our way, but not yet...

Obviously for a variety of reasons we weren't ready for it in 06-07.

Comment

Re: Perroult's picks

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            Big surprise here, Matt P. calls Marshall the most unpopular coach in the MVC!

"The most unpopular coach in the MVC might become the most hated by the end of his run but that doesn't mean Gregg won't win," was part of his comments when picking the Shockers to come in 3rd in the MVC this year. He also believes TM will have a big year.

Also no surprise is his pick of Creighton #1 followed by UNI.
                            Okay, I'm dense. I understand fully why MattPea doesn't like GM, but why does he say he is the most unpopular coach in the MVC? Someone clue in the clueless here, please.

Comment

I'm confused, this seems like premium content, but I haven't paid yet.

Will ShockerNet be sending me a bill?
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X