Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrell Benton on Overtime Live tonight (10/21)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Benton on Overtime Live tonight (10/21)

I just heard that Former Shocker player and Shocker basketball color analyst Terrell Benton will be on KAKE 10's Overtime Live tonight at 10:30pm. He will be talking Shocker basketball, so call in and ask Terrell some questions.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Let me know how it goes.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Terrell Benton on Overtime Live tonight (10/21)

Originally posted by BA2929
      I just heard that Former Shocker player and Shocker basketball color analyst Terrell Benton will be on KAKE 10's Overtime Live tonight at 10:30pm. He will be talking Shocker basketball, so call in and ask Terrell some questions.
      Hopefully he'll be asked intelligent questions, but that is probably asking too much.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
        Hopefully he'll be asked intelligent questions, but that is probably asking too much.
        I predict a drunk KU fan will call in. Happens every week.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Is it to much to ask him to slap the ugly of Mrs Phillips???

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

I have a problem with your statement. It implies that there are sober KU fans out there.....obviously that would not be true. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Originally posted by ShockerFever

I have a problem with your statement. It implies that there are sober KU fans out there.....obviously that would not be true. :good:

Thanks for catching my unnecessary adjective usage. :good:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

First caller asked if Terrell thought Marshall could take WSU to the NCAA's with something like "I know he took Winthrop to the NCAA's, do you think he can do the same at WSU"?

Benton's take was that it could happen this year, but a lot of things had to fall into place and a lot of things had to happen. I think that same perspective has been discussed here more than a few times with the identical conclusion.

Another caller wanted Benton to compare this year's Fr and trfr's with Turgeon's first Fr class. Benton either misunderstood the question or had the quick wit to not compare the classes. Benton compared this year's team to Turgeon's first team when Benton was a Jr. There was chuckling and the admission that this year's WSU team is much better than any WSU team Benton played for.

I thought the highlight of the show was a promo filmed at Shocker Madness that had a member of the Spirit Squad doing a plug for OverTime Live. That needs to go on YouTube.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  First caller asked if Terrell thought Marshall could take WSU to the NCAA's with something like "I know he took Winthrop to the NCAA's, do you think he can do the same at WSU"?

Benton's take was that it could happen this year, but a lot of things had to fall into place and a lot of things had to happen. I think that same perspective has been discussed here more than a few times with the identical conclusion.

Another caller wanted Benton to compare this year's Fr and trfr's with Turgeon's first Fr class. Benton either misunderstood the question or had the quick wit to not compare the classes. Benton compared this year's team to Turgeon's first team when Benton was a Jr. There was chuckling and the admission that this year's WSU team is much better than any WSU team Benton played for.

I thought the highlight of the show was a promo filmed at Shocker Madness that had a member of the Spirit Squad doing a plug for OverTime Live. That needs to go on YouTube.

That was actually Jen Sterger when she came to WSU a while back for SI.com, or something like that.

http://www.jennsterger.com/
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

That was actually Jen Sterger when she came to WSU a while back for SI.com, or something like that.

http://www.jennsterger.com/
                    Yep, that's it. I guess it wasn't filmed at Shocker Madness. I thought I recognized the crew team behind her, but I have to admit I wasn't paying that much attention to what was going on behind her.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                    X