Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Ward Warrior

Need I say more? :poster_cooz:

That's a really great read! Here's the link.

Livin the dream

Comment

I really liked this part:
      He sees a different attitude this season, and competition is the key. He works every day against transfer A.J. Hawkins, a junior who is his match in physical ability and whose purpose in practice is to push P.J.

"This team is getting after each other," P.J. said. "I think we lacked the competitiveness at practice last year, because the teams were so night and day. This year it's even. Last year we used to beat the second team and sometimes they wouldn't even score."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
        I really liked this part:
        He sees a different attitude this season, and competition is the key. He works every day against transfer A.J. Hawkins, a junior who is his match in physical ability and whose purpose in practice is to push P.J.

"This team is getting after each other," P.J. said. "I think we lacked the competitiveness at practice last year, because the teams were so night and day. This year it's even. Last year we used to beat the second team and sometimes they wouldn't even score."
        That's the kind of stuff we heard about during the sweet 16 season, that the starters were really challenged every day in practice. That's where you can start success. Glad to hear that!

disclaimer: Not saying that I think or would even come close to expecting Sweet 16 this year, just that we heard alot that year about giving credit to the 2nd team for pushing the first team in practice so much.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

PJ is giving credit to AJ there as well. Hopefully, as many have suspected, AJ will end up being our hard nosed, get it done player for a couple of years after PJ leaves.

On another note, I noticed that there is a Gabe Cousinard. Did he play ball somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            On another note, I noticed that there is a Gabe Cousinard. Did he play ball somewhere?
            Intramurals at WSU... :D

Comment

I have a close friend, whose close friend is PJ.

According to my friend, PJ and the other players really like Coach Marshall and his staff.

I was raised in Houston. When I was a kid, I used to walk to a grocery store in 3rd Ward. It was no picnic then and I guarantee you, it is as tough and dangerous as it gets today.

I have a great deal of admiration for PJ's parents. Actually, immense admiration is a better descriptor.

Comment

Speechless...That is a beautiful story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                  I have a close friend, whose close friend is PJ.

According to my friend, PJ and the other players really like Coach Marshall and his staff.

I was raised in Houston. When I was a kid, I used to walk to a grocery store in 3rd Ward. It was no picnic then and I guarantee you, it is as tough and dangerous as it gets today.

I have a great deal of admiration for PJ's parents. Actually, immense admiration is a better descriptor.
                  Growing up in Houston myself, it was definately a tough place and still is. I have alot of respect for what the Cousinards have done and continue to do.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Could someone summarize please?

My daughter asked me to chroniclize and discuss my contributions to society as well as my self worth. That 1/4 of a nanosecond spent figuring out what I have done for people seems to have affected my eyesight in an abnormal way.

I echo RDR's sentiment times 1000.

And may the good Lord forgive us for our selfishness.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockra
                      Speechless...That is a beautiful story.
                      Exactly how I felt.

Comment

What a touching article by P.S. on PJ and his family. When Coach T left, I knew 2 important things needed to happen for us to have a solid year this Season. We needed an awesome Coach that could get in here and recruit and move the X and O's. We got that in Coach GM. Also, we needed PJ back to lead with our Seniors, with the influx of new players. What a relief and blessing that PJ returned.

Off the Court, I have heard some stories from eye-witnesses that substantiate to me that Cooz is a Class Act. On the court, the one player of our Shocker past he reminds me of the most is Warren Armstrong. W.A. had a serious all-around game and was indeed a team player. To even be compared in the same breath to W.A. is quite a compliment.

The move to 2 guard this Season will be an asset for both PJ and the Shocks. It is obvious how hard he worked to improve his outside touch this last summer. PJ has a solid shot at being Player of the Year in the Valley depending on how strong of a finish the Shocks have this Season. AJ and PJ will indeed bring out the best in each other this year in practice. However, our quality depth will be apparent at each position which will really enhance our team to excel and improve this Season as well.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I got out of my "Smitten by athletes" phase a very long time ago.

Peace to Cooz from bringing that back.

Comment

Working...
                          X