X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officials emphasis for this season

Coaches, it's time to behave yourselves!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/...e=NCBHeadlines

Should we start the Larry Eustachy technical-count watch now? :lol:

Comment

How about Bobby Knight? This rule may be difficult for him to follow; although I think he has mellowed out a little bit in his older age.
      "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
      --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

I suppose I'll be interested in how they apply this "rule" for about 1 game.

The coaches and officials are a joke when it comes to the coaching box.

Hell, our own coach last year spent more time standing in the court of play then he did in the box and he was IN NO WAY the biggest offender.

I'll simply use the baffoon quoted in the article. Jimmy B is worried about the coaches box??????????? He is a total clown, whining on practically every call that doesn't go his way and he is RARELY anywhere near the coaches box.

I would LOVE to see the rule enforced but I will be surprised if it is.

Comment

Im for the new rules because some coaches tend to get out of hand sometimes.

But I dont like the wording in the release and I think its going to end up being the "no talking back" rule in the NBA.

Comment

You guys are going to love Shady Brady when LSU comes to town. I bet he gets T-ed up the most this season.

Comment

I'd like to see the focus on "palming" the ball, traveling, and undercutting players. You know actual basketball issues. Resist the further NBA-ization of college hoops.
              Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

I like to see them lop of a hand with a saber every time somebody hand checks the man with the ball.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Just sayin.........

Comment

Originally posted by shockdawg
                  I'd like to see the focus on "palming" the ball, traveling, and undercutting players. You know actual basketball issues. Resist the further NBA-ization of college hoops.
                  Double amen. Make it a triple amen.

Comment

Just giving the MVC officials something else to look for will only make it harder on them to actually focus on what really matters like the palming, traveling, etc. I would sure rather see the officials get their consideration for making the calls that really effect the outcome of the games.

:poster_cooz:
                    "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
                    --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

I have always wondered what the coaches say to the refs at heated times in the game, and just how much they can get away with ... LOL

(And I think we are going to need a 'Ramon' smilie too).

Comment

I saw this last week when my brother sent me the article. And like we both said, I'll believe it when I see it.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Since most of us would like to see Gal become a great player here, let's hope that there isn't an emphasis on calling "palming."

As far as undercutting, I would like to see colleges add the arc in front of the basket which limits where a charge can be taken. In general, I agree that the college game is better than the NBA but this is the one NBA rule I would like to see imported into the NCAA.
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

The arc confused me since I dont watch that much NBA.

But I do like that.

Undercutting and leaning in are 2 things i want called more.

The palming well unless its completley obvious and giving an obvious advantage then yes.

But palming calls are usually piddily anyways

Comment

I hate the arc under the basket. Just one more thing for the official to worry about on what are normally "bang bang" plays. Does college have a rule where you can't be under the basket to take a charge? I know HS doesn't.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X