• Show
Clear All

• D1 basketball expenses 2008

YOUSUCKITPOX

And sorted by Valley teams:

YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Amazing,

Gotta say not a lot of efficiency in that Duke program!

Comment

Seriously, why does Duke spend that much more than everybody else? Is it coaches salaries? What's the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
          Seriously, why does Duke spend that much more than everybody else? Is it coaches salaries? What's the deal?

Dont forget Dickie V payoffs! 8) :posterwsu:
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Cost of scholarships?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Marquette looks a little out of place at #3

Comment

Not sure what the figures completely include, but Puke did just put in a new scoreboard much like the one in Koch Arena for last year, and completed the new practice/training facility that Coach K got as part of his not going to the Lakers a couple years ago...some combination of the two has to be a big reason for the high $$ amount.

Comment

I get it with Indiana State, but Ill. St. needs to look at themselves, or Jank won't be there long.

Comment

Jank won't be there long.
                    Let's just cut to the chase with Jank. He's just trying to put some W's on his resume.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm surprised Arkansas is 9th. Pelphrey isn't making that much. I guess our recent renovations to Bud Walton Arena were costly.

Comment

Wichita State spends $700,000 more than Gonzaga.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
                          Cost of scholarships?
                          I think that may have something to do with it actually. If you look at Vanderbilt, they are pretty high up there, and Vandy puts no pride in their athletic programs. So I'm thinking that cost of attendance is a huge part of some of the schools.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_
                            Originally posted by im4wsu
                            Cost of scholarships?
                            I think that may have something to do with it actually. If you look at Vanderbilt, they are pretty high up there, and Vandy puts no pride in their athletic programs. So I'm thinking that cost of attendance is a huge part of some of the schools.

Vandy doesn't put pride in their athletic programs? They have good basketball and baseball programs and a decent enough football program that puts players in the NFL.

They made it to the sweet 16 a couple of years ago in basketball and Stallings makes over a million a year.

They just did a big renovation of their baseball park. While it is not as big as some other parks in the SEC it is very nice. And of course they have put several players in the majors like David Price who was the #1 overall pick a couple of years ago. They have won SEC titles in baseball.

Comment

It is neat to see the conference listing for the Missouri Valley as "Valley" rather than MVC.

Comment

Working...
                              X