Husker Set to Test NCAA Scholarship Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husker Set to Test NCAA Scholarship Limit

taken from link in shockwaves. This has to be the most absurd excuse for being over the limit - but NU seems serious.

The new status for Balham, officially now a student assistant coach, who averaged 2.0 points and 2.3 rebounds last season, brought the Huskers down to 14 scholarships, which is still one over the NCAA limit.

How did that happen?

“Coach Osborne said I can't count,'' Sadler said, trying to keep a straight face. “That's going to be the basis of our waiver — we've got a guy who can't count.''

Nebraska is serious about applying to the NCAA for a waiver of the 13-scholarship limit for the coming season.

Re: Husker Set to Test NCAA Scholarship Limit

Originally posted by SB Shock
    taken from link in shockwaves. This has to be the most absurd excuse for being over the limit - but NU seems serious.

The new status for Balham, officially now a student assistant coach, who averaged 2.0 points and 2.3 rebounds last season, brought the Huskers down to 14 scholarships, which is still one over the NCAA limit.

How did that happen?

“Coach Osborne said I can't count,'' Sadler said, trying to keep a straight face. “That's going to be the basis of our waiver — we've got a guy who can't count.''

Nebraska is serious about applying to the NCAA for a waiver of the 13-scholarship limit for the coming season.
    That's absurd!!

Comment

:banghead:
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't think the waiver will be approved because I know for a fact that they are required to count to 20 up there in Nebraska in College.

Comment

Hey! He will be approved. You are talking about a BCS school you know. They may get a slap on the hand but since they are in such a "sad' shape, they will be given 2 more scholarships to help them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            I don't think the waiver will be approved because I know for a fact that they are required to count to 20 up there in Nebraska in College.
            But exceptions are granted in cases where finger(s) or toe(s) have been severed by farming machinery. :shock:

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
              Originally posted by Snapshot9
              But exceptions are granted in cases where finger(s) or toe(s) have been severed by farming machinery. :shock:

--'85.
              Yep. The good old "Nebraska Appendage law" of 1973. Any number that is higher than 9 can be off by approximately 6-10% for every lost appendage.
              Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
              Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

The Huskers get a waiver, allowing them to have 14 scholarships.
                Nebraska had originally determined that Standhardinger, a 6-foot-8, 210-pound forward from Germany, would not meet NCAA academic eligibility requirements. That’s when the coaching staff offered Standhardinger’s scholarship to Adrien Coleman, who committed in late July.

What the NCAA didn’t tell Nebraska is that it had altered its grading scale when reviewing transcripts for student-athletes from Germany. Under the new scale, Standhardinger was academically eligible.

Comment

Working...
                X