X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrshock
    Originally posted by SFL
    Everyone is seeming to forget that Eric Sexton wants to play a game there...so it's gonna happen. And they do have to play a game there in order to qualify for the NCAA tourney. That's why they're gonna play there.

Season tickets will probably translate over to IBA somehow. And then there will be about 5000 more tickets available to non-season ticket holders. Has anyone thought of that as a possibility?
    No, that would require logic... and many Shocker fans come up short in that department.
    It is very apparent that you are correct.

One game a year is not going to hurt anything. So they'll get to play in front of 5000 more fans possibly. Is that a bad thing? Many big time programs play one or two neutral site games a year besides tourneys. This is all that a game at IBA would be.
    Eggsactly! :good: :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Everyone is seeming to forget that Eric Sexton wants to play a game there...so it's gonna happen. And they do have to play a game there in order to qualify for the NCAA tourney. That's why they're gonna play there.

Season tickets will probably translate over to IBA somehow. And then there will be about 5000 more tickets available to non-season ticket holders. Has anyone thought of that as a possibility?
      Right now WSU isn't even selling out CKA in season tickets, so I'm not sure that there needs to be 5,000 more tickets available to non-season ticket holders. Now depending on the opponent we could fill it up, but I don't see us filling that place for a conference opponent....at least not this year. Now in a year or two, then that will be a different story.

I know Sexton wants it and it will happen, but my hope is that it will be for a good non-conference opponent next year.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

What are the odds the SASO group nixes student tickets to the IBA? That's 1000 extra to sell and a chance to alienate students further from the powers-that-be.

Heck, it's a chance for the old folks to finally get rid of those smelly students. Wouldn't surprise me if we play all our games at IBA for that reason....

Seriously though, would there be any option for student tickets at IBA games? That's the only way I'll be able to make it to a game out there...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Were student tickets to the CBI games last season free?

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
            Right now WSU isn't even selling out CKA in season tickets, so I'm not sure that there needs to be 5,000 more tickets available to non-season ticket holders. Now depending on the opponent we could fill it up, but I don't see us filling that place for a conference opponent....at least not this year. Now in a year or two, then that will be a different story.

I know Sexton wants it and it will happen, but my hope is that it will be for a good non-conference opponent next year.
            Right now they're not selling out season tickets because there are alot of people without jobs. And didn't SASO raise their fees again on top of the ticket price? If you put those two things together, there's a good reason why they aren't selling out season tickets. Those tickets will sell for individual games. That is good because some of those corporate seats that aren't usually full or that have people that don't care will get to be used by people that want them.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
              What are the odds the SASO group nixes student tickets to the IBA? That's 1000 extra to sell and a chance to alienate students further from the powers-that-be.

Heck, it's a chance for the old folks to finally get rid of those smelly students. Wouldn't surprise me if we play all our games at IBA for that reason....

Seriously though, would there be any option for student tickets at IBA games? That's the only way I'll be able to make it to a game out there...
              Actually, banning WSU students is a great idea. Now Durley, Stutz, Hatch, Murry, Kyles, Hannah, Blair, Ellis, Coy, etc. are all students so we'll lose 200-0 if they play a complete game and HCGM will be hit with technicals for delay of game ... but so what? :lol:
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Were student tickets to the CBI games last season free?
                yea
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I am an old one, however, if we dont have students there will be no excitement from the gray hairs.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                    So, in my mind, the logical choice would be the bracketbusters opponent, as someone earlier stated.
                    If I recall, participants in Bracketbusters take turns going on the road and having the game at home. Since we had Cleveland State at home in 08->09 we will be a road team in 09->10.

Every other year though, that would be a good game for IBA.

Comment

The Bracketbusters is probably a dead issue for WSU and the Valley after 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        The Bracketbusters is probably a dead issue for WSU and the Valley after 2010.
                        Wishful thinking here. :)

Comment

Working...
                        X