• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWCH coverage piece on the pick up games

Pick up Basketball

Durley sounds like a true leader out there, Cant wait til the season starts

:clap: :wsu_posters:
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

I think we're going to see a whole different level of guard play once Mannigault hits the floor. Might be next year, but he's that big driving point guard we've always needed.

Comment

I'm ready for the season!
      In the fast lane

Comment

In my earlier new topic post I jumped the gun.That clip was short and sweet.This season can't start soon enough.Mannigoat does not look like a freshman and looked extremely confident with the ball in his hands.

Comment

The quote of the whole thing that made me giddy, when Kenny said..."I drive alot, I don't really shoot that much." It's been a while since we've had a guard with that mentality. That is something the Shox have desperately needed the last few years.

Comment

Hamilton looks like he could intimidate some people by doing things like stepping on to the court.

This team seems to have a much different attitude than last year's team. It's like Clemente left a couple of copies of his attitude in CKA for the team.

I doubt Mannigault can get down the court as fast as Braeuer did, but Kenny's first step is about the equivalent of Matty's first 3. Mannigault is scary quick. He seems perfectly adapted for feeding the ball off of a drive when there's a rule against a secondary defender camping under the basket. How do you stop Manny and 2 big guys all going to the hoop when you can't get a charge call while standing under the basket?

Now, if we just had some 6'7" guy who could play the wing, shoot some 3's and drive to the hoop - oh, wait, we got a guy there, even though I had to borrow a baseball phrase.

I'm confident of upper-half Valley finishes for the next couple of years.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
              Hamilton looks like he could intimidate some people by doing things like stepping on to the court.

This team seems to have a much different attitude than last year's team. It's like Clemente left a couple of copies of his attitude in CKA for the team.

I doubt Mannigault can get down the court as fast as Braeuer did, but Kenny's first step is about the equivalent of Matty's first 3. Mannigault is scary quick. He seems perfectly adapted for feeding the ball off of a drive when there's a rule against a secondary defender camping under the basket. How do you stop Manny and 2 big guys all going to the hoop when you can't get a charge call while standing under the basket?

Now, if we just had some 6'7" guy who could play the wing, shoot some 3's and drive to the hoop - oh, wait, we got a guy there, even though I had to borrow a baseball phrase.

I'm confident of upper-half Valley finishes for the next couple of years.
              Upper half finishes,hey,these guys will contend for the title.This is a GM team from top to bottom.Big,quick, pressing guards and big guys that get up and down with good speed. I get goose bumps just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
                Upper half finishes,hey,these guys will contend for the title.This is a GM team from top to bottom.Big,quick, pressing guards and big guys that get up and down with good speed. I get goose bumps just thinking about it.
                Sort of agree. I think the 2010-2011 year is the watershed for Marshall. No doubt we should have an uppper division finish this year. If we're not contending next year, then there will be grumblings, becuase it's his team. Let me be clear: I expect success soon, but titles next year may be extreme, and upper half in two years won't be good enough.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

We haven't realy seen any reports on Blair yet. He's a big man we've been anticipating and could be a huge factor on this team. If one of our freshmen comes in a makes in impact (ala Toure Murry), I agree we could contend this year.

Comment

Kenny M. can indeed can drive and dish the rock. He will also get his fair share of steals as well. It will be hard not to have him on the floor come Valley time. I have not yet witnessed Gabe Blair, Demetric Williams, Johnny Coy play as of yet. Those very close to the Program have though and this is what they have shared to me. "Gabe will be a difference maker and will be a starter. Some believe that DW could be the best of the incoming Freshmen. Johnny Coy reminds some of Kyle Wilson."

Here are some of my own observations of players thus far this summer. David Kyles seems to have improved his shot and is driving and scoring more. He caught my eye last summer more in scrimmages than Toure' but not so during the Season. John Cooper never did as much in scrimmages that I watched but did much better in structured team play in my opinion. DK has a shot to start some at the small forward position.

Clevin seems to me to be the leader of this team. He has been very consistant thus far. Hatch has heart and will do his part to help the team. I want his shooting to break lose this Season because this young man has a shooters touch in scrimmages. Stutz will come in weighing about 250+ it appears with stronger legs so he can't be pushed around inside. I like his shooting touch. JT and GS will have a fierce battle for playing time. I wonder if we will see Gabe, JT, and GS on the floor together from time to time?

Tyler can score and has a nice lefty shooters touch. Hamilton likes to mix it up inside and loves to dunk. In conclusion, this eternal optimist has been fooled with summer play before versus real world Valley play. In this case though, it is a 'no brainer' that the Shocks are moving forward and will be improved still again this Season. I will reserve my predictions for a later time other than we are a top division Valley team this very Season.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Is there a different video link? The one listed isn't available.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                        Is there a different video link? The one listed isn't available.
                        nope looks like KWCH took it off
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Is it possible to get KWCH to make it accessible from their 'archives'? Why would they roll it off so soon? I have not seen it and would like to.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                            Is it possible to get KWCH to make it accessible from their 'archives'? Why would they roll it off so soon? I have not seen it and would like to.
                            I suggest contacting 'The Bruce':

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

KM will get down the court every bit as fast as MB did...if not faster. If just won't seem like it because of his long strides and LONG arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X