Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking the MVC Facilities

Hey all,

I just finished my newest blog entry in which I rank the league's basketball facilities, based on atmosphere, newness, niceness, success, and draw level.

Check it out here:

Even the CU coaches and administrators disagree with your assesment of the Qwest Center being the equal of Charles Koch Arena. Just curious, how many facilities have you been to?

Comment

I've been to all except for the new one at Mo. State and the new one at UNI. I was at Drake before they redid it.

Comment

I think the list is OK. One problem is that CKA will be pretty full even if the Shocks are terrible while the Qwest may be pretty empty if CU starts finishing in the 7-10 range in the MVC.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

If you're going to rank the facilities, a lot more needs to be considered to show the real quality to both the fans and the school athletes.

General Structure: Yes, newness. But also the aesthetics of the structure's appearence; amount, closeness, and quality of parking; quality of location.

Fan Amenities: Quality of seating/viewing throughout the stands; easiness of getting around inside the arena; quality of video boards; easy access to concession stands; aesthetics inside arena/concourse (appearence, Fan Club rooms, souvenir store, school athletic history room, etc.).

Student Athlete Amenities: Quality of locker rooms, practice facilities, strength and conditioning rooms, sports medicine room, all in one location. Ability for student athletes to feel pride and history in their facilitiy.

"Home Team Atmosphere": One should probably assume a "full house" and its feel, then 1/2 to 2/3s full and its feel. Shouldn't penalize a facility for the lack of a crowd, unless its the reason for a lack of a crowd.

I hit on this somewhat before, but its important to the quality of a college sports facility. The pride both players and fans can have in the sports facility and its representation of the school's athletic history and its representation of the school itself.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

I thought it was put together nice. Takes alot of time to do things like this and i thank you for it! These are fun, keep doing more.
            " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
              If you're going to rank the facilities, a lot more needs to be considered to show the real quality to both the fans and the school athletes.

General Structure: Yes, newness. But also the aesthetics of the structure's appearence; amount, closeness, and quality of parking; quality of location.

Fan Amenities: Quality of seating/viewing throughout the stands; easiness of getting around inside the arena; quality of video boards; easy access to concession stands; aesthetics inside arena/concourse (appearence, Fan Club rooms, souvenir store, school athletic history room, etc.).

Student Athlete Amenities: Quality of locker rooms, practice facilities, strength and conditioning rooms, sports medicine room, all in one location. Ability for student athletes to feel pride and history in their facilitiy.

"Home Team Atmosphere": One should probably assume a "full house" and its feel, then 1/2 to 2/3s full and its feel. Shouldn't penalize a facility for the lack of a crowd, unless its the reason for a lack of a crowd.

I hit on this somewhat before, but its important to the quality of a college sports facility. The pride both players and fans can have in the sports facility and its representation of the school's athletic history and its representation of the school itself.

:wsu_posters:
              You forgot the most important feature - restrooms.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

SIU fans don't need them. That's why SIU Arena doesn't have them. ;-)
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Nice job, bigsalukifan. Your effort obviously took a lot of work and it was well done.

Thanks for providing something interesting in the dead space we have between now and the start of the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                    Nice job, bigsalukifan. Your effort obviously took a lot of work and it was well done.

Thanks for providing something interesting in the dead space we have between now and the start of the next season.
                    Thanks 60Shock for the nice feedback and thanks to all who took the time to read and comment. I am working on another feature that will hit the blog soon. It will be ranking the recruiting classes.

I am also working on a new site called Valley Tally that will be a site about the whole Valley and have pages for each team and blogs, videos, and news specific to each league's team.

Comment

Working...
                    X